• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First offence.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bdub123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Yesterday my friend(18) and I(15) were caught with drug paraphanalia on us. I had a pipe with little to no marijuana resin on it, and my friend was caught with a flask of whiskey, a bong, and two pipes in his car. We had smoked earlier but weren't high at the time and when the officer asked my friend "How long ago did you smoke marijuana?" my friend dumbly answered "5 hours ago" he was charged with a DUI and got three tickets, he would have gotten two but to save me a ticket he said the pipe that was on me was his, but even though he said this i still have to go to court. Also, the officer did not find any marijuana in the car or on us.

The main things i want to know are:
Why do i have to go to court when my friend took responsibility for all drug paraphanalia found?
What could we be charged with in court?
How could we lessen our charges?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

proxi

I pray for you and your friend my brother was just sentenced to 2yrs and 6mths .. 2yrs to be served... it has been one month..
You better get a lawyer who specializes in drug charges..

FlyingRon

If the pipe was on you it is in your possession. Doesn't matter who "owns" it. Your friend is stupid. You have to go to court because you've been charged with a crime and by your own admission here you are guilty of it.

The possession of paraphernalia is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

Get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">