• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Offense poss, and paraphanelia charge, dont know what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TPD

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.

ok this is my first ever any kind of violation to the US law, i was driving back from a party and there was a road block i had a mj pipe in my truck and i had a little less than a gram of mj on me which i tried to hide in the car, i was with a friend of mine. i freaked out when i remember i had the mj on me. so i tried to hide it. (first mistake). they (the police) looked at me and knew i was stoned b/c i had smoked earlier. i haven't been smoking long, and this whole ordeal has convinced me to quit. i have just turned 20 years of age, i am unemployed. i got a possession charge a class C misdemeanor and a paraphenelia charge, these are both my first offense, i have had a hard time for the last year trying to get a job, i was in the Navy for two months , and i was discharged for having the medical condition of A.D.D. ( attention deficit disorder) i did not know that i could not be ADD when i went in, something my recruiter said"dont worry about it" so i didnt, (original mistake, regretted deeply). and i was wondering should i ask the judge on the day of my court date about a prayer for judgement? or should i see what they issue, the amt of mj on me was maybe a gram or less. i dont really remember well. this was my first ever encounter with the law, i was very nervous and more so scared. i tried bull**** at first ( second mistake i know) then i came clean and manned up and claimed it as mine both the Mj pipe and the Mj. pls what should i do. because i know that a misdemeanor like this on my record would make being discharged from the navy and this would make getting a job ten times harder. pls help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">