• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First offense possession of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JakeG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I live on campus and got a knock on my door around 1am (3 hours after smoking) and when I opened the door it was campus police and a woman from the university. He asked if he could come in and I had just woken up and wasn't thinking straight so I let him in. my grinder was on my desk and my pipe was in an open drawer he could see so when he asked if there was anything in the room I told him the truth and let him search the room. He took everything and told me I'd be contacted soon and the woman from my school said the same. She said I won't get kicked out or anything serious and I'd have to take classes. I had 3 grams of marijuana, a pipe, bubbler, rolling papers, and a grinder.

Am I going to be charged with possession? Do I need a lawyer? How much will everything end up costing?

Edit: Also, if I get convicted how will it impact me? Is there a good chance I'd get my license suspended? Will I have a criminal record?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I live on campus and got a knock on my door around 1am (3 hours after smoking) and when I opened the door it was campus police and a woman from the university. He asked if he could come in and I had just woken up and wasn't thinking straight so I let him in. my grinder was on my desk and my pipe was in an open drawer he could see so when he asked if there was anything in the room I told him the truth and let him search the room. He took everything and told me I'd be contacted soon and the woman from my school said the same. She said I won't get kicked out or anything serious and I'd have to take classes. I had 3 grams of marijuana, a pipe, bubbler, rolling papers, and a grinder.

Am I going to be charged with possession? Do I need a lawyer? How much will everything end up costing?
1: We can't guess
2: Yes, I would suggest one if anything comes of this
3: We can't guess

quincy

To answer the "edit" questions that Zigner did not get to:

1. If you get convicted of possession of marijuana or possession of paraphernalia, it can impact your life in a variety of not-real-good ways. Here is a link to the law: http://norml.org/laws/item/pennsylvania-penalties-2

2. A license suspension is possible, depending on facts.

3. A criminal record is possible, depending on facts.

If you are charged with possession of marijuana or possession of paraphernalia, speak with an attorney in your area.

T

Tony23

A criminal record would have a bigger possibility, but it depends.

quincy

A criminal record would have a bigger possibility, but it depends.
Are you bored tonight, Tony23?

Please look at the posting dates of the threads you are adding to - you are getting into some older threads that really don't need additional responses, especially if the responses are just to repeat what has already been said by others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">