• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first offense possession of marijuana less 2g

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bina1177

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
texas
How hard is it to get the case dropped and should I get a court appointed lawyer or try to find my own.

Last edited:

CavemanLawyer

I think you mean possession of less than 2 ounces, not grams.

The Court will inquire into your finances and expenses and only appoint you an attorney if you are determined to be indigent. If you can afford an attorney then you have to hire one or do without.

Its impossible to predict what will happen with your case. A reduction is highly dependent on the strength of the case and also on the policies of the DA's office in your county. Possession of marihuana is definitely one of those crimes that is viewed liberally in Texas, especially if it is your first offense. But at the same time, smaller counties tend to take cases more seriously since their caseload is much smaller.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">