• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First small amount of 2C-B possession charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marek10

FL

I'm 23 years old and I have a trouble with drug law violation. This is my first time. The cop found on me 30 mg of 2C-B (2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamine) which is in Schedule I CSA. Which punishment will I get?
Thank you for answers.

quincy

FL

I'm 23 years old and I have a trouble with drug law violation. This is my first time. The cop found on me 30 mg of 2C-B (2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamine) which is in Schedule I CSA. Which punishment will I get?
Thank you for answers.
What the penalties will be for you depend on many factors. You will want and need an attorney in Florida to assist you. This attorney can go over with you what is likely based on the facts.

Here is a link to the drug laws in Florida under which you were charged: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0893/Sections/0893.13.html

And here is an overview of these laws: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/florida-drug-possession-laws.html

Again, you should contact a criminal defense attorney in your area for help. Good luck.

Last edited:

mistman23

I would highly recommend you get your lawyer to make a motion the state test the substance pre-trial. Very often synthetic drugs can be a molecule off/different without you knowing it possibly making it an unscheduled drug, even if they have similiar effects.

quincy

I would highly recommend you get your lawyer to make a motion the state test the substance pre-trial. Very often synthetic drugs can be a molecule off/different without you knowing it possibly making it an unscheduled drug, even if they have similiar effects.
I am sure that the criminal defense attorney marek10 sees will know what to do.

mistman23

Agreed. They should. A private, hired attorney probably will. However, in the southern U.S. most court appointed lawyers are very underpaid and overworked. They tend to just want to plead you out as fast as possible and usually will not ask for drugs to be tested. Testing drugs in a lab is expensive and pisses off the judge and prosecutor; which is what the court appointed attorneys usually want to avoid.

quincy

Agreed. They should. A private, hired attorney probably will. However, in the southern U.S. most court appointed lawyers are very underpaid and overworked. They tend to just want to plead you out as fast as possible and usually will not ask for drugs to be tested. Testing drugs in a lab is expensive and pisses off the judge and prosecutor; which is what the court appointed attorneys usually want to avoid.
Public defenders nationwide are underpaid and overworked. This is true not only in the South.

(Thank you for the friend request, mistman. I made it a policy long ago to not accept these requests but I always appreciate the offers)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">