• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

first time offender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

km123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW JERSEY

I was arrested in June for possession of a CDS in a motor vehicle and later charged with conspiracy to possess heroin after i retained a public defender. I have no criminal record and applied for the PTI program.
During my interview with the probation officer i submitted to a urine test, which i failed for marijuana. The officer said that didnt matter because 1. i told her about it before the test when she asked if i had done drugs recently, and 2. because she said they were looking for opiates. Is this going to be the norm or did i just get lucky?
I was informed that i would be having a drug test on October 31st, the day of my sentencing and i am quite nervous that i may fail this one for THC as well. I am a chronic pot-smoker and i am afraid that it will not be out of my system by then...what could happen if i fail this second drug test?
Also, if anyone has any experience with PTI they could share it would be quite helpful as i really do not know what to expect. thank you!

Indiana Filer

I would imagine the first screen, during your pre-sentence, was just a baseline. In future, if you test positive for anything for which you do not have a current prescription, you might find yourself back in front of the judge for a PTR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">