• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Time Offense Drug Possesion Under an ounce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fr0du

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire

I recently got charged with drug possesion and I have court tommorow I don't know what to do or say. I've never been in trouble with the law before and this is the first time talking to the law. What should I Plead/ What is likely to happen it was under an ounce. about a quarter

FlyingRon

$2000 and/or a year in jail.
You're just now getting around to figuring out what you should do? You should get a lawyer or deal with the consequences. We can't tell you what to plead without knowing the details. If all else fails, plead not gulty and ask for a chance to obtain counsel. If you are truly indigent and unable (rather than merely unwilling) to pay for counsel, then ask for a public defender

fr0du

They searched my car and found it, I don't understand why I would get the worst penalty allowable this is my first time dealing with anything why would the judge do that?

ERAUPIKE

They searched my car and found it, I don't understand why I would get the worst penalty allowable this is my first time dealing with anything why would the judge do that?
The judge may be having a bad day or may believe that the maximum sentence will be more beneficial to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">