• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First Time Offense MIP Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lukas24

I live in the state of Georgia.

First and foremost, please forgive my ignorance about the justice system and criminal process; I am completely new to this kind of thing.

The basic backstory is that my girlfriend threw a house party without really regulating who was invited. Neighbors saw some kids outside and called the police thinking that they were stealing cars, and when they saw a few people hanging outside of her house they decided to investigate. I am 18 years old and I had been drinking that night. I had gone to bed around 2 AM or so, and the cops came around 5 AM to the best of my knowledge.

I failed my breathilizer with a .053. They took down my information and gave me a ticket. The citation says "Posession of Alcoholic Beverage/Drinking" in violation of code section "3-3-23." The Remarks says "Alco Sensor .053." I did not tell my mom, because I am 18 I had my friend's dad drop me off and I found a way to get my truck before anything was noticed otherwise. I'm not afraid of retribution, but I can't bear to tell her because she already has so much to deal with, I don't think it's fair and I would only want to make her life easier.

Basically, if anyone has any advice to help my case at all. I have no idea what to do other than follow the instructions labeled on the back of my citation. Do I get a mandatory fine? Is there anything to do before my court appearance to help my case? Basically any knowledge or tip to help would be so helpful, thankyou to anyone in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">