• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Flying to Canada with Drug Record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

universeofstars

In 2005, I was arrested for conspiracy to sell ecstasy. The case has been dismissed since 2006. My record from the FBI just shows a federal arrest, no conviction or anything. Since the dismissal, I have traveled by car to Canada 5 times without any problems.

Now I live in a different part of the USA and want to travel to Canada by plane to visit friends. I have a passport. Will the customs procedures be any different from going over in my car? For example, are they more likely to be able to see the arrest and make me inadmissible?

I am worried just because flying there isn't as easy as driving there. I have to book flights, hotels, etc and if i'm not allowed in to Canada, it is a waste of money and time.

Please help!

Here are some things I found

I found this from Frequently asked questions: Overcoming criminal inadmissibility

I was charged with a crime in the United States and found “not guilty.” Am I criminally inadmissible?

No. When a court decides you are not guilty of committing a crime, you will not be considered criminally inadmissible.

But isn't a dismissal treated differently than non guilty?

But then I found this excerpt from the Rehabilitation For Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity

http://i40.tinypic.com/v42tj7.jpg

Rehabilitation For Persons Who Are Inadmissible to Canada Because of Past Criminal Activity

Would it be wise to bring the court papers along as well or does that look sketchy?

I just need some advice on whether to book the travel or not. I have driven many times to Canada since the dismissal without a problem but flying just seems different :(

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">