• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Followed by cop after...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amiiehall

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UT

My cousin bought a pill of some kind from a HS friend. After the purchase a cop pulled off the freeway with his lights on. My cousin then pulled out of the gas station, the cop flipped around in the gas station (He was at that point a few cars behind in traffic) Then the cop caught up to him, followed him almost all the way to his exit. But another cop had a car pulled over on the freeway, and the cop that was following him turned off the road and parked behind the other cop. My cousin then proceeded to drive home, then when he pulled off to his exit. ANOTHER cop was waiting at the light in front of him. My cousin pulled up right behind him and turned left as well as the cop. The cop kept going straight while my cousin turned to go to his house.

Now I think he is being paranoid, but what do you think> Just circumstance? What do you think would happen next if they were to arrest him? Wait until he meets with the dealer again? Show up to his house? Any advice on this situation would be great

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I have no idea what you're talking about from that confusing description of events.

All I'm going to say right now is stay away from your cousin if he's buying drugs illegally. He'll end up getting locked up eventually. Let him worry about his own problems. Stop trying to get advice for him based on third party accounts of these "events".

I'mTheFather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UT

My cousin bought a pill of some kind from a HS friend. After the purchase a cop pulled off the freeway with his lights on. My cousin then pulled out of the gas station, the cop flipped around in the gas station (He was at that point a few cars behind in traffic) Then the cop caught up to him, followed him almost all the way to his exit. But another cop had a car pulled over on the freeway, and the cop that was following him turned off the road and parked behind the other cop. My cousin then proceeded to drive home, then when he pulled off to his exit. ANOTHER cop was waiting at the light in front of him. My cousin pulled up right behind him and turned left as well as the cop. The cop kept going straight while my cousin turned to go to his house.

Now I think he is being paranoid, but what do you think> Just circumstance? What do you think would happen next if they were to arrest him? Wait until he meets with the dealer again? Show up to his house? Any advice on this situation would be great
Do you mean 'coincidence'? Yes, it's a coincidence, and he should stop buying prescription drugs from friends because they are seriously affecting his judgment. OTOH, maybe they are waiting until he meets the dealer again. I guess that's another good reason for him to quit visiting his dealer.

dave33

What's done is done, if the police have enough evidence to arrest him from past actions they will. It is obvious that the way your cousin is living his life is not sitt6ing well with him. He should consider engaging in activities that do not require looking over his shoulder.

It is unlikely that the one pill purchase is the reason for an investigation. He would have to be far more involved in that lifestyle to have police actively watching him. Tell your cousin to stop taking the pills or find a legal way. goodluck.

amiiehall

Do you mean 'coincidence'? Yes, it's a coincidence, and he should stop buying prescription drugs from friends because they are seriously affecting his judgment. OTOH, maybe they are waiting until he meets the dealer again. I guess that's another good reason for him to quit visiting his dealer.
Sorry for being confusing. But immediately after buying a drug, a cop pulled into the gas station he was at. My cousin was already pulling out as he entered another part. Then caught up to him and followed him. Then pulled over to seemingly help another cop with a traffic stop. But my cousin claims that the cop couldve just continued on the freeway instead of exiting and going out of his way too turn around like that. Unless he was getting gas and got the call right then. so my cousin was all clear until he pulls up to his exit and there another cop waiting for him, or so he thinks. But that cop went another way instead of my cuz usual route. Unless that was absolute perfect timing or the cop knew my cousin was going to be exiting there.

Now wouldnt they just arrest him right then if they were going too? (that what I think) Or are piling evidence? He doesnt sell, so why would they wait? what would they gain? Probably waiting on him to buy a bigger load, to get him on worse charges?

PS I know what my cousin does is stupid, I remind him of that. I try to stay out of his life as much as possible. But his family took me in when I was young, so he is more like a brother. https://forum.freeadvice.com/images/icons/icon10.png

Last edited:

I'mTheFather

I think the consensus is that your cousin is a little paranoid.

Even if he isn't (unlikely), there isn't anything to do until/unless the police show up at his door.

justalayman

a lot of drugs tend to cause paranoia. Maybe your cousin should consider not doing anymore drugs.

Of course, if they really are watching and following you, it isn't paranoia.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">