• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Found Marijuana twice in front yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LAR86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi,
My stepson, 25 years old, can't keep a job, currently doesn't have one. He moved in in December 2009 and sleeps all day and has no money. My daughter had 50 dollars stolen from her wallet and I have recently had 60 dollars stolen from my wallet. I have found 2 small bags of marijuana in my yard since my stepson moved in. I have a 15 year old son, I randomly tested one day and it came up negative for drugs, 7 kinds including marijuana. My son takes all honors classes and makes honor roll. I have never caought him stealing or doing drugs. My stepson swears its not his and my husband believes him. My stepson just got 2 years probation in December for schedule II drug possession and a DWI. I just found this out today. My question is that if drugs are caught in my house will I be held responsible and will my 15 year old son be removed from my home?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi,
My stepson, 25 years old, can't keep a job, currently doesn't have one. He moved in in December 2009 and sleeps all day and has no money. My daughter had 50 dollars stolen from her wallet and I have recently had 60 dollars stolen from my wallet. I have found 2 small bags of marijuana in my yard since my stepson moved in. I have a 15 year old son, I randomly tested one day and it came up negative for drugs, 7 kinds including marijuana. My son takes all honors classes and makes honor roll. I have never caought him stealing or doing drugs. My stepson swears its not his and my husband believes him. My stepson just got 2 years probation in December for schedule II drug possession and a DWI. I just found this out today. My question is that if drugs are caught in my house will I be held responsible and will my 15 year old son be removed from my home?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: yes and maybe.

LAR86

No he's not Isis1. He is my son from a previous marraige. This is the second time my stepson has been arrested for drugs and the first time it was reduced to a misdemeaner. This time its a felony. I feel he may still be using drugs, I keep finding it and my husband thinks its my son but I can't accuse my son since I haven't ever caught him doing it. My husband's ex wife doesn't want her son to live with her because they have a 15 year old daughter she doesn't want him in the home. My husband agrees with her but he doesn't seem to mind his son living in my house with my son. Our well being doesn't seem to matter. I have a feeling if I have his son leave then he will too. But, I feel that if he doesn't care about me and my son enough about our well being, I can't really worry about his feelings. He can go too. I don't want to lose my son over this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">