• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend busted in nc with digi's. What's the fine/jail time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erbx

What is the name of your state? va. But my friend got busted tonite in NC. He only got a paraphenalia charge for some digital scales and released. He does have a court date. What is the possible fine/ jail term for this? I really could use the information.
Thanks,
David Byrd

seven53

§ 90‑113.22. Possession of drug paraphernalia.

(a) It is unlawful for any person to knowingly use, or to possess with intent to use, drug paraphernalia to plant, propagate, cultivate, grow, harvest, manufacture, compound, convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, package, repackage, store, contain, or conceal a controlled substance which it would be unlawful to possess, or to inject, ingest, inhale, or otherwise introduce into the body a controlled substance which it would be unlawful to possess.

(b) Violation of this section is a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1981, c. 500, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 624; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

MISDEMEANOR

OFFENSE LEVEL I LEVEL II

CLASS No Prior One to Four Prior
Convictions Prior Convictions

1 1-45 days C/I/A 1-120 days C/I/A

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">