• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend caught with xanax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asm5155

I live in PA, and i helped me friend meet ppl to sell xanax to. i never took xanax and have no drugs in my system, including marijuana. I just found out the a few weeks ago one of the ppl that i gave xanax to got caught and gave the cops my last name and possibly my number, or a fake number with one digit differnt. i never made a proft of these drugs. I always jct contacted the ppl that wanted to but and only once did i personally give the person the drugs. How much trouble can i get in?

FlyingRon

You need to understand something. You are breaking the law. Distribution of scheduled drugs is a FELONY. It doesn't make any difference whether you were making a profit. You are guilty even if you give the drugs away. It makes no difference if you don't do drugs yourself.

You can get into a lot of trouble. STOP BREAKING THE LAW. STOP BEING A DRUG DEALER. If you get contacted by the police, contact a lawyer immediately before even returning their call.

asm5155

I want to know if they have any evidence against me if i have no drugs on any of my property and have no drugs in my system. Also how long will the wait before they try to contact me?

outonbail

Sorry, no more crystal ball in this forum. It was overworked and shattered.

However, if and when the police contact you, do not speak to them and do not volunteer any information. Do not try to explain anything to them and do not go to the station for an interview!
I don't know how I can make you understand how important this is, other than state one more time,
"DO NOT SPEAK TO THE POLICE ABOUT THIS INCIDENT"

If they want to talk to you, simply tell them no, you have nothing to say. Have them go through your lawyer if they want to contact you.

They may not have enough evidence to arrest you at this point, but if you volunteer any information or speak to them about this situation, they will then have all they need to arrest you.

There is a thread on this subject that I will try to dig up and post the link for you. Then you can read what happened to someone else who didn't take this advice and did speak to the police.

Do not make any more arrangements for someone to buy drugs. Refuse to have anything to do with drugs even if it is your own mother who asks.

Here's the link you need to read:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/drug-charges-28/possible-prescription-forgery-help-423918.html

Last edited:

asm5155

i want to know that if i have nothing drug related in my room and the only things drug related in my apartment are my roommates bongs, would they have enough evidence to prosecute?

They wouldn't prosecute you for distributing or possessing controlled substances, but for having distributed them. Do you see the difference? I believe that will clarify many of your questions.

cracker

The bongs are a whole different charge, and yes, if they find those, you will be charged with that. DON'T LET THEM IN YOUR HOUSE!!! unless they have a warrant of course.

asm5155

ok i get not to talk to the police unless i am arrested, and even then only after i have been able to talk to a lawyer. What is the possibility that they will have enough evidence already against me when all that they have is what some girl that was high told them? Also do the charges depend on the amount of pills?

outonbail

What is the possibility that they will have enough evidence already against me when all that they have is what some girl that was high told them?
You keep spilling the beans all over the Internet and they will have plenty. Stay away from drugs and the people who use them, shut your mouth and you'll probably be just fine.

I don't know how to make this any clearer....

ok i get not to talk to the police unless i am arrested, and even then only after i have been able to talk to a lawyer. What is the possibility that they will have enough evidence already against me when all that they have is what some girl that was high told them? Also do the charges depend on the amount of pills?
You don't know for certain what evidence they may or may not have against you.

You should consult a reputable criminal defense attorney in your area (ask the state bar for a reference if you need one), and get his opinion on what the police department in question will likely do, and what you need to do to protect yourself. Yes, it might cost you some money, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of care.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if your roommate got rid of his drug paraphernalia, and it just might be helpful... Needless to say, you should cease distributing or possessing any controlled substances.

zotech

Not sure how much evidence they would have to convict you, however understand something....people will quickly give up your name to relinquish themselves from receiving any jail time.

In order to better understand your position, you first have to understand the drug in question.

Xanax is typically used as a Central Nervous System depressant. In other words, it is classified as a tranqulizer.

Normally it's used to prevent Panic Attacks.

Controlled substances are usually classified by "Schedules".

For example a Schedule I drug would be considered the most potent while a Schedule V drug would be considered the least potent and least addictive.

Xanax is considered a Schedule IV controlled substance under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA).

I know this may not answer your question as far as eveidence against you, but it would be hard to believe with all the crime that goes on, they would want to convict you of serious jail time for a schedule IV prescription drug.

Get a lawyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">