• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend got caught growing weed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike2010

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

an old hippie friend of mine got caught recently growing weed in his house. He only had 2 plants but they still charged him with a felony... But since it was his first offense (he's never even been charged with a crime ever) , i noticed on the internet that it says you can get "probation for first offense" in pennsylvania.. But does that include people charged with a felony too like him?

and doesnt felony basically mean mandatory prison no matter what? I never heard of anyone getting probation for a felony. (without serving in prison)

he's all freaked out about it and wanted me to research for him.

any info would be much appreciated.

thx
mike

Last edited:

ENASNI

um

How close to a school was he, how many minors were living in the house at the time and what does his lawyer say. He does have a lawyer... yes?

mike2010

How close to a school was he, how many minors were living in the house at the time and what does his lawyer say. He does have a lawyer... yes?
he wasnt close enough to a school for that double penalty thing. He lives far from any schools. He was single, lived on his own. His lawyer isnt telling him much. I told him he should look into getting another.

ENASNI

mike2010 said:
he wasnt close enough to a school for that double penalty thing. He lives far from any schools. He was single, lived on his own. His lawyer isnt telling him much. I told him he should look into getting another.
Yeah... If that is the case... another lawyer is the sitch.

mike2010

so once the court/judge gets his case, do u think its possible he could get probation for the felony charge he received?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">