• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Friend got pulled over in my car, search shows up his meth in box, blamed on me!help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stug_16

My friend was driving me home in my car because I was too tired to drive. A cop passed us and noticed him driving. He remembered my friend, and I guess he had no license. We drove 2 blocks and parked. The cop came back by, and stopped and got out. My (friend) had meth on him, so he searched my car. My (friend) had been in the passanger seat, and they found para. and meth in my glovebox, so therefore it is mine. I have absolutely no record, and he i guess already had 4 class c felony's(out on bail), for meth. I do not know what to do. Help!!!

Q

qadaq

All I can offer is that you're probably looking at jailable offense and therefore can get a public defender. I highly recommend you do this. Not that this helps now, but I wouldn't let such "friends" spread their drugs all over your car.

wtd

As to your legal question - plead guilty and hope for the best - your car, ergo your dope.

As to opinion -
My friend was driving me home in my car
My (friend) had been in the passanger seat,

Must be one of those driver's ed cars with steering wheels and pedals on both sides. (Or did you exchange seats after you pulled over for some inexplicable reason?).

My friend was driving me home in my car
they found para. and meth in my glovebox

Your friend jumped into the driver's seat of your car and the first thing he did I guess was put HIS dope AND his paraphenalia in YOUR glovebox (I don't know many tweakers that would part with their dope or their outfit that easily).

My guess is that you have no record because this is the first time you've been caught.

Good luck to you as your life goes on (I was going to say 'progesses', but it probably won't),
wtd

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">