• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gave The Cop A Fake Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeG13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Well last night before we started our night, we go to fill up the gas tank on my friends car. Right after we pulled out a cop pulled us over. He asked if any of us were on probation or parole...and the driver said no. Problem is, I am on probation and it was way after the curfew my judge had set for me. After he cleared us all out the car, he searched the car and found 4 bottles of alcohol in the trunk and a a long jug full of marijuana. When we were all sitting down on the curb, the officers asked us for our info to run a check. At this point, I got nervous and gave the officer a fake name. When he asked me for my address, I got stuck and told him that I had recently moved and did not know it. He then asked me for any of my friends address and for some reason I gave him mine. Now the incredible thing is the officers just let us go like that but he gave me a citation. I am willing to accept full responsibility for lying to the officer but no way was that alcohol/marijuana mine. Any advice on what I should do? I know I'm on probation and shouldn't be doing things like this, but I had no idea I was going to be the one blamed for the marijuana.

MikeG13

possesion of marijuana less than a oz

I was going to say something but i didn't want to risk it, the officers were real mellow about the whole situation and let us go with my citation only

Were you the only one cited? Were you cited because of your position within the car, and the location in which the marijuana was found? What are you presently on probation for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">