• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General Drug Paraphenalia Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frank Artanis

I couldn't find the info in the Texas Law Library, so I thought I'd take a shot here for info.

I'm a IDU, and lost my contact for clean needles.

Here's what I know:
-It's not illegal (sorta) in Texas to purchase needles without a prescription
-It is illegal to posess needles without a necessary medical reason
-Texas does not have a needle exchange program

In short:
Is it legal (i.e. prudent) to purchase needles OTC from online Canadian pharmacies?

More specifically:
In Canada they will sell syringes OTC. What I'm mostly concerned about is that it would give probable cause for S&S. In addition, I'm afraid interstate/international transport laws would apply.

Am I just asking for trouble? And, even though the pharmacy is Canadian, if they do Xray the package and discover the syringes then do they have a right to question the medical neccessity of the product?

What are my rights?

racer72

Go talk to a local attorney, this site specifically bans giving out information that could be a violation of the law.

xylene

Consider moving to a blue state, where common sense HARM REDUCTION policies are the norm.

You are taking considerable legal risks as an IV drug user.

Do you know a pharmacist you can trust?

Ask their opinion as well as a lawyer.

Good luck to you, and consider the detox and rehab option.

:)

pella51

Frank Artanis said:
-It is illegal to posess needles without a necessary medical reason
If you want to play darts with your needles it is perfectly legal in Texas. You just can't use them for drug use.

Frank Artanis said:
Is it legal (i.e. prudent) to purchase needles OTC from online Canadian pharmacies?
Not if you intend to use the needles for drug use. Possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to use is a class c misdemeanor in Texas. It makes no difference where you buy your needles.

Frank Artanis said:
In Canada they will sell syringes OTC.
In Texas they will sell syringes OTC.

Frank Artanis said:
What I'm mostly concerned about is that it would give probable cause for S&S..
Only if they have reason to believe they are for drug use. Like for example a forum post stating they are.

Frank Artanis said:
Am I just asking for trouble?
Yes, stop using drugs.

Read the Tex. Health & Safety Code Ann. §481.002(17)(K) and §481.125

gawm

racer72 said:
Go talk to a local attorney, this site specifically bans giving out information that could be a violation of the law.
Really? Where does it say that?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">