• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting an imate moved or transferred

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moonmaster88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Illinois

A friend of mine was recently arrested for manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance. I don't want to go into detail but this is most certainly not his first offense and he is/was currently on probation for possession of a controlled substance. As I figure he will be doing some time I was just wondering how to make his stay as comfortable as possible. What is the best way for me to go about getting him put into the most comfortable, safe environment?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Illinois

A friend of mine was recently arrested for manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance. I don't want to go into detail but this is most certainly not his first offense and he is/was currently on probation for possession of a controlled substance. As I figure he will be doing some time I was just wondering how to make his stay as comfortable as possible. What is the best way for me to go about getting him put into the most comfortable, safe environment?
Are you kidding? That is not within your "power" to do.

moonmaster88

I understand that it is not directly within my power but isn't there any way that we can get him into a nonviolent offenders facility or some type of mental institution?

davew128

I understand that it is not directly within my power but isn't there any way that we can get him into a nonviolent offenders facility or some type of mental institution?
Short of bribing public officials? Wait, it didn't work for Madoff either. Damn, someone already said that. And you ignored that answer too. :rolleyes:

dave33

The above posts are all right. There is basically nothing you can do to get him transferred.He has already been sentenced and classified.The classification process takes place in the prison. The classification process includes taking into account his criminal record and past behaviors while in prison.Now, this process is far from perfect.Sometimes there is simply not room at the present time for his classified location. Also the basic fact that the department of corrections isn't a place that cares. The most you can do is make sure that your friend has money in his prison account and maybe write some letters if your so inclined.Just let him know you ere there and will support him in any way possible.goodluck.

cyjeff

You can always petition the department of justice.

However, you better have a VERY good reason for the move.... and, "he would be more comfortable there" isn't a good reason.

There are those that believe that prison is SUPPOSED to be distasteful.

Has he been found to be mentally unstable? Mental institutions are NOT just easy care facilities with comfortable jammies.

jesslee83

is the reason you think he needs to be transferred, have anything to do with him rolling over on others? if so, and he has indeed "snitched" as they call it in that type of community, only the DA he makes a deal with, can help him with it...

tru2blu

my advice is to write your homie often and be there for him..send pictures and tell him to keep his head up. do the time, dont let the time do u. i dont think there is anything u can do to get him in a sissy jail. unless he snitches or something lol but i dont suggest that..or send him a file in a cake. hahah

Antigone*

what in the heck is the OP worried about.:confused:

His buddy will be well taken care of. Yep, by some 400 pound guy name Bubba. When Bubba says bendover, the buddy better listen :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">