• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting screwed in Jersey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josephus777

I was charged with possesion of C.D.S. and D.U.I. After I was involved in a fender bender.Neither car got any damage, nor was there anyone hurt. But the good samaritan that I nugged thought it her civic duty to come to my car and take a bag of heroin that she allegedly found in my lap and give to the officers when they arrived ten minutes later!!!The police neither saw the accident or the bag of heroin until they arrived at the scene and took the statement of driver #2 They proceeded to place me under arrest and take me to the hospital for a blood test. The Superior court refused to indict but instead sent it back to municiple court. The prosecuter wants to throw out everything except the DUI That is possesion of CDS,careless driving, And wants me to plead guilty to D.U.I. I refused for obvious reasons. The case is laughable. BUT I can't afford an attorney right now. The case has been postponed for over a year almost two years. Mostly because there is a conflict with the judge and the prosecuter. Judge was my PD and the prosecuter is my wife's cousin.What should I do???

Eekamouse

Here's a good suggestion: You might want to check in to rehab, junkie, and stop driving while under the influence. I can't believe you're getting off so lightly.

josephus777

typical view of a women guilty until proven innocent

I'll tell Billary to move over you can be her political ra ra Key point Deary The women said she found the drugs did you ever think she may want to sue in civil court and the possesion charge may strenghten her case DAAA

CdwJava

Neither car got any damage, nor was there anyone hurt.
Injury or serious damage to vehicles are not required for the police to respond to a collision report.

But the good samaritan that I nugged thought it her civic duty to come to my car and take a bag of heroin that she allegedly found in my lap and give to the officers when they arrived ten minutes later!!!
She can do that.

Was it a bag of heroin? if not, what was it?

The police neither saw the accident or the bag of heroin until they arrived at the scene and took the statement of driver #2
They don't generally see ANY crime, and don't know about contraband or involved parties until interviewing witnesses and seizing evidence.

They proceeded to place me under arrest and take me to the hospital for a blood test.
Did it come back positive for narcotics? Or for some other controlled substance or alcohol?

The prosecuter wants to throw out everything except the DUI That is possesion of CDS,careless driving, And wants me to plead guilty to D.U.I. I refused for obvious reasons.
What's so obvious?

It sounds like they are offering you a plea deal. You can take it trial if you wish. But, if you tested positive for a controlled substance, the DUI is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

At this point all you can do is keep in touch with your attorney and don't miss court dates.

if you still have a problem with drugs or other substances, seek counseling and stop using and abusing. Any additional arrests or incidents may play against you for this one.

- Carl

josephus777

thanks there commander

Injury or serious damage to vehicles are not required for the police to respond to a collision report.

She can do that.

Was it a bag of heroin? if not, what was it?

They don't generally see ANY crime, and don't know about contraband or involved parties until interviewing witnesses and seizing evidence.

Did it come back positive for narcotics? Or for some other controlled substance or alcohol?

What's so obvious?

It sounds like they are offering you a plea deal. You can take it trial if you wish. But, if you tested positive for a controlled substance, the DUI is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

At this point all you can do is keep in touch with your attorney and don't miss court dates.

if you still have a problem with drugs or other substances, seek counseling and stop using and abusing. Any additional arrests or incidents may play against you for this one.

- Carl
What about chain of custudy?? Ive seen dirty urine results thrown out for breaking the chain of custudy how much more possesion of CDS?

josephus777

Gettin screwd in Jersey

Actually I didn't even see what the tests returned for the bag they found. I have to ask my public pretender to see the discovery again. The urine test returned a negative for heroin but a positive for fentnol I have got to find out what that is also. I beleieve it's what They cut heroin with

Eekamouse

You know what was in the bag she found in your lap and so you ought to know what the test results will be when it's tested. Why would she plant heroin on you to strengthen a civil case against you? You caused the accident so she already has you there. You are ridiculous in your lame attempt to act like the drugs weren't yours. You can snivel all you want but you're still going down for this and with your attitude, I hope they throw the book at you. :D:D:D

CdwJava

What about chain of custudy?? Ive seen dirty urine results thrown out for breaking the chain of custudy how much more possesion of CDS?
The chain of custody appears to be quite simple: Other driver gave it to officer ... Officer takes it to station and puts it into evidence ...

Is there more to it?

Are you claiming that the other lady planted the drugs on you? Your prints nor DNA are not going to be found on the bag?

Certainly you can make a case that the other person is framing you. Maybe a jury will buy that as reasonable doubt ... maybe not.

- Carl

CdwJava

Actually I didn't even see what the tests returned for the bag they found.
I assume they came back positive. If not, well, they will quickly drop the controlled substance charge.

Do you recall what was in the bag the woman took from you?

I have to ask my public pretender to see the discovery again.
If you are as derogatory toward your attorney in person or by your demeanor as you are here (calling him or her a "public pretender") then you might not want to expect much of anything from him or her.

The urine test returned a negative for heroin but a positive for fentnol I have got to find out what that is also. I beleieve it's what They cut heroin with
They might ... but why?

Here is a little on fentanyl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl

It's an impairing drug all by it's lonesome. So, why was fentanyl in your system? Any explanation?

- Carl

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually I didn't even see what the tests returned for the bag they found. I have to ask my public pretender to see the discovery again. The urine test returned a negative for heroin but a positive for fentnol I have got to find out what that is also. I beleieve it's what They cut heroin with
You really are a piece of work. Too poor to pay for your own defense, and too ignorant to be pleased when you are GIVEN representation by the taxpayers! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

outonbail

I'm still wondering how this woman happened to get a bag of heroin from your lap?

Oh, wait I think I know how this works, you couldn't wait to arrive at some safe location to inject or ingest this drug, so you thought a stop light would do just fine. You immediately dozed off, or whatever it is that happens when the drug takes over. Your foot slips off the brake pedal, your car rolls into the vehicle in front of you. The woman driving the car you hit, gets out of her car, walks back to yours and finds you nodded out with the drugs still in your lap.

When the police arrive, she tells them, "here, this is probably why he's sleeping"

The police or paramedics wake you up and you suddenly realize your the center of attention, you just don't know why for a couple of minutes.

If you had to have this drug so bad you couldn't wait until you reached a safer place to do it, your drug problem is the only thing that's obvious.

I would think that the prosecutor being related to your wife, would only help your position. Unless the family is trying to get her away from you. Which is entirely possible as I would probably want the same thing for any member of my family who was burdened down with a drug addicted spouse....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">