• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

greenhelp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

greenhelp

What is the name of your state? washington dc
I pled guilty to 2 counts of Distribution of cocaine and I heard that if you serve half of your probation with no problems and complete all the court conditions you can get your sentenced reduced. I have served 18 months out of my 36 mo probation can I file to have my sentence reduced and later possibly exponged from my record?

outonbail

greenhelp said:
What is the name of your state? washington dc
I pled guilty to 2 counts of Distribution of cocaine and I heard that if you serve half of your probation with no problems and complete all the court conditions you can get your sentenced reduced. I have served 18 months out of my 36 mo probation can I file to have my sentence reduced and later possibly exponged from my record?
How does your probation officer respond to these questions? They are certainly far more aware of the particulars surrounding your case than anyone on this forum. So I agree with whatever he/she has to say about the issue..

gawm

I think it is up to the judge. He will listen to your PO recommendation but I think it's up to him/her. Ask your PO.

garrula lingua

And, why shouldn't the State get the benefit of the bargain they made (or the sentence, if you were convicted after jury trial) ?

You may be able to withdraw your plea and set the case for trial ... that's what most Prosecutors would say.

Would you expect the State to decide to change the terms of the plea bargain AFTER you pled ? How about the State deciding, now, to add 180 days in county jail.
Does that sound fair that they, the State can change the plea bargain ?
Why should you be able to change the plea bargain ?

Expect the Prosecutor to react, negatively.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">