• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Happening as we speak

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HELP ME 09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tx
I would like to know if you are currently on probation, and you pick up a misdemeanor case for less than two ounces of marijuana will your probation be reinstated my your probation judge. Also, you have been doing right on probation with no problems and this is your first mess up. please help me I need to know if I'm in for the long hall or will my husband get cut some slack.

outonbail

There is no way to provide you with an accurate answer to this question because there are too many variables to consider.

What was your husband on probation for to begin with?
What are the terms of his probation?
Is he on formal probation for a felony conviction or informal probation for a misdemeanor conviction?

What is his record like, does he have a criminal history/prior arrests? If so, how many and for what offense?

Probation is of course, a sort of second chance. For example, a Judge might sentence a defendant to a year in county jail, then suspend the sentence and place the person on probation so they can remain free as long as they keep out of trouble and follow the terms of their probation.

The defendant is then advised that if they screw up while on probation, they will be taken into custody to serve out their sentence.

So your husband should know better than anyone what his future may hold,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">