• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Having someone admitted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ricoace

My state is Il

Can I have a family member admitted for rehabilitation fro Drug Abuse (Cocain) If that Answer is yes, How do you do it?

I have probably watched way too much television for asking this question

CdwJava

The court can order rehab it as a result of a conviction for drug possession or use, but you can't commit someone to rehab. If this is a minor child, you have some options for sending him to rehab, but as an adult you have few options other than to turn him in or try and convince him to get in to treatment.

- Carl

gawm

What do they call when they get all the persons friends and family in a room and ambush them when they come home from work or something and try and get them to enter rehab voluntarily?

CdwJava

gawm said:
What do they call when they get all the persons friends and family in a room and ambush them when they come home from work or something and try and get them to enter rehab voluntarily?
It's called an "Intervention".

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">