• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heart attack and pot charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

junkman31

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa
I had a heart attack at my uncles residence on 7/23/09. 911 was called and a cop showed up saying I was under the influence and refused to help me. By the time I got to the hosp. I was in bad shape, was rushed into surgery for 100% blockage to my left main artery. Today I recieve a summons and am being charged with conspiracy and possession of a small amt of marijuana. The cop searched me and i had nothing. my uncle had the pot in his pocket and said it was mine. where do i go from here?

BL

Let your lawyer handle it .
If it was in your uncs. pocket ,and you did not admit it was yours , then the saying goes possession is 9/10's , or something like that . :D

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa
I had a heart attack at my uncles residence on 7/23/09. 911 was called and a cop showed up saying I was under the influence and refused to help me. By the time I got to the hosp. I was in bad shape, was rushed into surgery for 100% blockage to my left main artery. Today I recieve a summons and am being charged with conspiracy and possession of a small amt of marijuana. The cop searched me and i had nothing. my uncle had the pot in his pocket and said it was mine. where do i go from here?
if you lose on the possession charge, I know where you can get 100 pound bales of pot. Take one of those puppies into the police station and tell them it's your uncles.:eek::D

expensive but it would be worth it.

How did unc end up being searched anyway?

junkman31

I don't remember much but laying there in severe pain and having a hard time breathing. I could hear talking but couldnt tell you what was being said. I cant even tell you what the cop or paramedics looked like. Apparently when the cop showed up he asked my uncle if i did any drugs and he said yea he smokes pot, the cop then searches me and finds nothing then searched my truck, and also found nothing. After suffering a massive heart attack and almost dying I really dont need this stress. I just never imagined a police officer could show no compassion for a 911 call for chest pains, and procede to make it into something its not. I guess I will have to find a lawyer this week.

BL

If your income and assets are limited too a poor person status ,the court should appoint you one at no charge .

justalayman

. I just never imagined a police officer could show no compassion for a 911 call for chest pains, and procede to make it into something its not. I guess I will have to find a lawyer this week.
did you suffer any injury because of the officers actions? If not, there is nothing to sue him or the force for.

justalayman

He almost died due to the officers actions! Does that not count unless he actually dies, because the officer wouldnt/didnt call for paramedics?
almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. If he did not suffer any injuries, he will win nothing.

the fact is, OP did get to the hospital. OP is alive and well.

junkman31

There are no charges of police misconduct. I'm not even planning on doing that. I dont need the stress of doing that. I'm going to contact a lawyer this week to see where I go from here. Oh and my wife was reading my paperwork last night and all the dates on all the paperwork is wrong. Maybe that will have an impact on the outcome, we will see. Thank you for all your responses. If anybody has any other answers for me please continue to respond.

justalayman

unless there is something else connecting you to the pot other than uncle saying "it's his", their case is very weak.

By chance, was any blood drawn? Was is tested for mj? Were the results positive?

While that does not prove their case, it surely is circumstantial evidence that supports it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">