• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hpefl84

What is the name of your state? nj
A few years ago i incurred a charge in which my lawyer told me to take a PTI (pre trial intervention). unfourtunately for me, he was wrong, he should've fought, because I would have won. I was 5 months pregnant at the time and scared to death so I bailed. Now I dont know if I'm a fugitive or what and as a result i cant take the state board exam in my chosen field. Does anyone know WHERE I can bgin to rectify this situation?? Until i do my life is on hold:confused:What is the name of your state?

Bethany

What does "I bailed" mean?

Contact your original attorney, or go ahead and contact the law enforcement agency that arrested you, or call the court where your case was held.

They will be able to help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

hpefl84

Bailed as in I started the probation and didnt complete it. I missed a court date, and didnt contact my probation officer. The problem with contacting the attorney that screwed my case is he SCREWED my case. Why would I seek any further advice from the moron who handled my case in the wrong manner in the first place?

FlyingRon

No the one that screwed things is you. You should have completed your division. You now are facing a very real charge. You can get another lawyer if you like, but you've pretty much screwed yourself.

hpefl84

I knnow what I have done, and now Im trying to fix it, so I dont need to hear what I already know. The point is if he had handled the case correctly, I would've never been placed on probation in the first place. I know I screwed up, i need to know how to UNscrew this.

FlyingRon

Step 1. Accept responsibility for your own behavior and stop making excuses.
Step 2. Contact a lawyer in the jurisdiction in which you were charged. Genearlly you can call the county bar association for a list of names to help.

We can't further really.

Silverplum

I knnow what I have done, and now Im trying to fix it, so I dont need to hear what I already know. The point is if he had handled the case correctly, I would've never been placed on probation in the first place. I know I screwed up, i need to know how to UNscrew this.
MIGHT have won.
MAYBE.

Nothing is a 100% proof-positive guarantee.

What WAS guaranteed was that, IF you had completed your probation, you'd be good to go. You failed to do so.

Accepting responsibility for your crime/s AND your behavior/s post-crime/s IS part of rejoining society. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">