• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DamonL94

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

Hi there, I need advice! Okay so here's what happened. We threw a party at my apartment. Everyone left, and we all went to bed. Around 3:30am the cops came to the door. My roommate half asleep half drunk answered and let them in. They were coming because of a noise complaint filed around 2:15 am. So not only was the party was over we were all asleep. I wake up too 2 cops in my living room about to search my room becase it smelled like marijuana. I had a bowl and about a gram of weed. The weed was in fact my roommates. I told the cop but it didn't matter. I was also still feeling the effects of drinking earlier. I was just curious if they have the right to write me a possession ticket on a moiE complaint call. I was asleep and didn't give consent to the cops coming in. I literally woke up to the cop saying wake up your other roommate. My
Intoxication levels hindered me from processing everything normally, and I feel pretty confused about everything. Thanks for the advice!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Hi there, I need advice! Okay so here's what happened. We threw a party at my apartment. Everyone left, and we all went to bed. Around 3:30am the cops came to the door. My roommate half asleep half drunk answered and let them in. They were coming because of a noise complaint filed around 2:15 am. So not only was the party was over we were all asleep. I wake up too 2 cops in my living room about to search my room becase it smelled like marijuana. I had a bowl and about a gram of weed. The weed was in fact my roommates. I told the cop but it didn't matter. I was also still feeling the effects of drinking earlier. I was just curious if they have the right to write me a possession ticket on a moiE complaint call. I was asleep and didn't give consent to the cops coming in. I literally woke up to the cop saying wake up your other roommate. My
Intoxication levels hindered me from processing everything normally, and I feel pretty confused about everything. Thanks for the advice!
Yes .

dave33

If you told the cop it was your roommates when it was in your room or your pockets you may want to find another place to live.

Proserpina

If you were that intoxicated, your recollection may just be a little flawed. Yes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">