• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!! Charged with possession but was not possesing anything!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeanyP

What is the name of your state? I live in Cedar Crest, New Mexico and we have a national forest next to our town. My friend got his car stuck up on the mountain and I went up there to try and help my friends get it unstuck. By the time I found them the car was unstuck and they had lit up a blunt. I won't lie i took a couple rips off it, There were two other cars plus my car. We had finished up and we didn't smoke it in my car. But my car was right by theirs with the driver window down and the driver side passenger window down. There was nothing to do so we were about to leave and I was in my vehicle by myself with it in reverse , when 4 Federal law enforcement rangers blocked us in. (they weren't cops because we were on federal land.) The blunt was smoked and gone but they said they could smell it on us and in our vehicles. They ordered us out and searched us and our vehicles. They found a couple pipes and some weed on some of my friends and in their cars, BUT THEY FOUND NOTHING ON ME OR IN MY VEHICLE, but they still charged me with possession of a controlled substance. My friends all owned up to what was thiers but I guess i'm just guilty by association. Also when the rangers arrived I was in my car with no one else in it and my car was running. My ticket says possession of a controlled substance and under that it says odor on person, breath, and vehicle, Will this hold up in court?They have no proof of me possessing anything but an odor! Should I go to court? And can you be in possession of an odor?
NOTHING WAS FOUND ON ME OR IN MY VEHICLE AND THATS WHERE I WAS WHEN THE RANGERS ARRIVED. And i never admitted to smoking and was never given a test to see if anything was in my system

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">