• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with drug court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpless91

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey

i am a drug court participant that has two VOP's I was realeased to a halfway house that I left due to fear of not being able to continue my clean time in recovery due to the conditions and location of the halfway house. I understand I need to turn myself in but am concerned that the public defender i was asigned will once again not give me proper representation. I want to obtain proper legal representation and be able to explain why I had to leave this halfway house and find another location to continue to serve my sentence and continue as I have in keeping clean and drug free. what steps should I take to ensure I get a fair hearing. I understand that I will be droped from drug court., how much of a difference does it make if I turn myself in now or after the holiday's. The probation officer has contacted my family and has threatened to make sure that I get the maximun 7 years for my possesion charges. I was trying to do the right thing and want to keep sober and find a way to continue to live right

FlyingRon

You better find a lawyer. You don't get to decide for your self where to serve out your probation. You PO appears to have a nice safe place picked out for you right now. People who abscond from probation go back to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">