• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with harrassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slambino

I live in Kentucky. About 6 years ago the police showed up at my home telling me that someone had reported that I was selling drugs and asked to do a search of my residence. I agreed to allow a search, they found only a gram or two of marijuana that I use for acid reflux and crippling arthritis. Marijuana is the ONLY thing that I found that addresses all of my physical problems, by itself, without causing the ill side effects that I always get from the many different legal prescription pills that have been tried.But they also learned that I was in no capacity a drug dealer. I cooperated fully and was totally honest with the officers. I went to court without a lawyer (I'm poor), they advised me to plead guilty to the possession charge and they would drop the periphernalia charge.

About 3 weeks ago a nice lady from social services arrived at my home demanding to see inside my refrigerator because someone had reported that I didn't keep enough food in the house for my daughter. I started off by displaying my deep freeze which was full of vegetables and meat and then allowed her to examine my fridge. She asked me if I knew why someone would report such a thing and I replied, "I really have no idea."

Yesterday a State Trooper came and said that it had been reported that I was dealing drugs and asked to do a search. Again I gave the officer what little marijuana I had along with my dugout (pipe). Then I allowed the search of my home, in which they found nothing else. So I was arrested for a second charge of peraphernalia, it seems that although I went through the court system and paid my dues, the 1st peraphanalia charge was still in the books and had not been dropped as I was told it would be by the prosecuting attourney. So now I am in trouble again for fully cooperating and being honest and NOT being a drug dealer. While going through the motions of being booked it was remarked upon that perhaps I should become a drug dealer to help out with my costs and fees.

My question is how do I find out who is falsely accusing me of these things, wasting taxpayers dollars and social workers and officers time? And what lawful action can I take against these people who wish me ill will?

I'm pretty sure that I have the right to know, but I haven't a clue on how to do it. Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

I live in Kentucky. About 6 years ago the police showed up at my home telling me that someone had reported that I was selling drugs and asked to do a search of my residence. I agreed to allow a search, they found only a gram or two of marijuana that I use for acid reflux and crippling arthritis. Marijuana is the ONLY thing that I found that addresses all of my physical problems, by itself, without causing the ill side effects that I always get from the many different legal prescription pills that have been tried.But they also learned that I was in no capacity a drug dealer. I cooperated fully and was totally honest with the officers. I went to court without a lawyer (I'm poor), they advised me to plead guilty to the possession charge and they would drop the periphernalia charge.

About 3 weeks ago a nice lady from social services arrived at my home demanding to see inside my refrigerator because someone had reported that I didn't keep enough food in the house for my daughter. I started off by displaying my deep freeze which was full of vegetables and meat and then allowed her to examine my fridge. She asked me if I knew why someone would report such a thing and I replied, "I really have no idea."

Yesterday a State Trooper came and said that it had been reported that I was dealing drugs and asked to do a search. Again I gave the officer what little marijuana I had along with my dugout (pipe). Then I allowed the search of my home, in which they found nothing else. So I was arrested for a second charge of peraphernalia, it seems that although I went through the court system and paid my dues, the 1st peraphanalia charge was still in the books and had not been dropped as I was told it would be by the prosecuting attourney. So now I am in trouble again for fully cooperating and being honest and NOT being a drug dealer. While going through the motions of being booked it was remarked upon that perhaps I should become a drug dealer to help out with my costs and fees.

My question is how do I find out who is falsely accusing me of these things, wasting taxpayers dollars and social workers and officers time? And what lawful action can I take against these people who wish me ill will?

I'm pretty sure that I have the right to know, but I haven't a clue on how to do it. Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.
**A: so what exactly is your specific question?

slambino

Specifically . . . what do I need to do to get the name or names of my accusers ?

And what can I do "lawfully" to stop their lies and harrassment ?

I need to know who told social services that I had no food and I need to find out who is lying to the police. I'm sure it's the same person or people.

slambino

Well to say that this has been less than helpful would be an over statement. I guess people should follow their first instinct and get real professional advice from someone other than "bloggers."

:cool:

CdwJava

Specifically . . . what do I need to do to get the name or names of my accusers ?
Either make a public records request for the calls or the report (if available under KY law), or go to trial and force the state to present their witnesses.

However, since you gave up the stuff, they really might not have to poony up that information at all.

And what can I do "lawfully" to stop their lies and harrassment ?
IF you find how it is that dimes you off, the only way you could muzzle them would be if you could show that they were intentionally lying about you. Being wrong is not actionable. Besides, the fact that you are found in possession does indicate that drugs are at least coming into the house ... it would not be difficult for an inference to be made that they also went out.

- Carl

dmf32835

I assume the 'tipster' didn't appear as a witness in your court case. In that case the police must of just kept his/her call classified as a anonymous tip.

The Occultist

Well to say that this has been less than helpful would be an over statement. I guess people should follow their first instinct and get real professional advice from someone other than "bloggers."

Just because you don't get the answer you want doesn't mean it's incorrect.

mike_lee

The problem is there is nothing anyone can do as you've done a bang-up job of aiding the prosecution. Being honest and cooperating with police can be said a different way, "foolishly surrendering all my rights and incriminating myself" This pattern will continue until you get the message and give up the pot.

The only course I can see for you is find 2 or 3 thousand dollars, get a lawyer and go to trial (or whatever your lawyer suggests) At least put one on retainer so you can stop the police from coming by and searching when ever they get bored. (having council gives you extra pull not extra rights)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">