• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clynne28

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho.

Alright, so i'm not sure what to do about all this so obviously thats why i'm here lol. My husband got into some trouble a couple months ago with the law due to drug related issues. Offences were misdemeanor. He had been looking into getting help for a while, rehab, counseling whatever so he had spoken with the bishop of his church about his issues and the bishop decided to take it upon himself to look for a rehab center. He found one alright.. a 2 year facility called "Welcome home addiction recovery academy" in Kent, WA. His bishop brain washed him into agreeing to go and told the courts he would go to this place rather than serve the jail time he was given. This place is a joke, it's basically a friggin labor camp, they work for a high end furniture store and get no pay for it. The guy is using these people for free labor. My husband does not want to be there, it will NOT help him.. but heres where it comes to the legal question, How would I go about getting him out of there? If I could at all. [He is on suspended probation while there]. I have talked to his PO but my husband's mother is slowing working on brainwashing everyone cause she wants him gone. His PO is denying letting him leave the place [even though my husband could come home and serve jail time instead]. I probably make no sense, but i've never been in trouble before this is all knew to me and I have no idea how to word what i'm trying to say.. Hopefully someone understands enough to give some kind of input.

Saritachiquita

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho.

Alright, so i'm not sure what to do about all this so obviously thats why i'm here lol. My husband got into some trouble a couple months ago with the law due to drug related issues. Offences were misdemeanor. He had been looking into getting help for a while, rehab, counseling whatever so he had spoken with the bishop of his church about his issues and the bishop decided to take it upon himself to look for a rehab center. He found one alright.. a 2 year facility called "Welcome home addiction recovery academy" in Kent, WA. His bishop brain washed him into agreeing to go and told the courts he would go to this place rather than serve the jail time he was given. This place is a joke, it's basically a friggin labor camp, they work for a high end furniture store and get no pay for it. The guy is using these people for free labor. My husband does not want to be there, it will NOT help him.. but heres where it comes to the legal question, How would I go about getting him out of there? If I could at all. [He is on suspended probation while there]. I have talked to his PO but my husband's mother is slowing working on brainwashing everyone cause she wants him gone. His PO is denying letting him leave the place [even though my husband could come home and serve jail time instead]. I probably make no sense, but i've never been in trouble before this is all knew to me and I have no idea how to word what i'm trying to say.. Hopefully someone understands enough to give some kind of input.

I would recommend you get your story out on social media. See if your husband can get you some photos and start a petition to get him released. Public attention is the best way!

quincy

I can't think of many drug addicts who want to be in a drug rehabilitation center, especially after they discover that recovering from a drug addiction is not easy (and they don't have free access to drugs).

Using social media sites to publicize the plight of another can not only be harmful to the reputation of the person featured, it can lead to some legal consequences for those doing the publicizing.

Ohiogal's advice is wise and advised. If you wish to help your husband and your husband wants the help, you can assist in the costs of hiring an attorney for your husband, so the attorney can look into the rehabilitation center and the facts of your husband's probation. I have a feeling, though, that your husband will not like jail any better than he likes the work he currently is forced to do.

anearthw

Would you rather he serve prison time then stay in a rehab facility and maintain a form of employment? It sounds like a gift to be able to put meaningful work on a resume rather than a blank with "in prison" on it. What will serve his family better in the long-term?

Many rehab programs offer work as a way to cope with breaking the addiction lifestyle.

Antigone*

I would recommend you get your story out on social media. See if your husband can get you some photos and start a petition to get him released. Public attention is the best way!
You call this advice???:eek::confused:

I would recommend that the OP dismiss this poster's advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">