• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help My Husband!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MANDYLOVE

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA!!:) MY HUSBAND AND A FRIEND GOT ARRESTED IN 2005 FOR POSSESSION OF COCAINE AND MARIJUANA. MY HUSBANDS FRIEND GOT OFF EASY BY NOT CLAIMING HIS DRUGS! MY HUSBAND GOT THE BAD END BECAUSE IT WAS HIS TRUCK. MY HUSBAND AND 2 OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS WENT TO COURT IN 2005 OVER THIS MATTER, HE SIGNED A PAPER THEY TOLD HIM THE CASE WAS DISMISSED. MY HUSBANDS DAD HAD TO BOND HIM OUT OF JAIL. SINCE THEN MY HUSBAND DIVORCED HIS 1ST WIFE AND MARRIED ME, HE HAS HAD THE WORST LUCK, HE HAS BEEN UNALE TO WORK BECAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT AND WAS UNABLE TO GET WORKMANS COMP!!(WE NEED HELP WITH THAT TOO!:p) SO BECAUSE HE COULDNT PAY CHILD SUPPORT (BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED) HIS EX WIFE HAD HIS LICENCE SUSPENDED. WE GOT PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING, THE STATE PATROL RAN HIS LICENCE AND SHOWED HE HAD A BENCH WARRANT FROM APRIL 2007. HE WAS NOT NOTIFIED OF HIS COURT DATE! HE AND HIS FAMILY THOUGHT IT HAD ALL BEEN RESOLVED. HIS IS STILL IN JAIL. THE PULBIC DEFENDER ISNT MAKING ANY EFFORT TO HELP HIM, AND WONT MAKE A CALL TO THE JUDGE THAT ISSUED THE WARRENT. I WANT TO GET HIM OUT OF JAIL. THEY WANT TO MAKE A PLEA FOR 3 YEARS PROBATION AND LET HIM OUT SOON, BUT IF HE WANTS TO GO TO COURT HE HAS TO SIT IN JAIL UNTIL 01/2008. IS THAT OUR ONLY WAY TO GO!!! PLEASE HELP!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? GEORGIA!!:) MY HUSBAND AND A FRIEND GOT ARRESTED IN 2005 FOR POSSESSION OF COCAINE AND MARIJUANA. MY HUSBANDS FRIEND GOT OFF EASY BY NOT CLAIMING HIS DRUGS! MY HUSBAND GOT THE BAD END BECAUSE IT WAS HIS TRUCK. MY HUSBAND AND 2 OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS WENT TO COURT IN 2005 OVER THIS MATTER, HE SIGNED A PAPER THEY TOLD HIM THE CASE WAS DISMISSED. MY HUSBANDS DAD HAD TO BOND HIM OUT OF JAIL. SINCE THEN MY HUSBAND DIVORCED HIS 1ST WIFE AND MARRIED ME, HE HAS HAD THE WORST LUCK, HE HAS BEEN UNALE TO WORK BECAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT AND WAS UNABLE TO GET WORKMANS COMP!!(WE NEED HELP WITH THAT TOO!:p) SO BECAUSE HE COULDNT PAY CHILD SUPPORT (BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED) HIS EX WIFE HAD HIS LICENCE SUSPENDED. WE GOT PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING, THE STATE PATROL RAN HIS LICENCE AND SHOWED HE HAD A BENCH WARRANT FROM APRIL 2007. HE WAS NOT NOTIFIED OF HIS COURT DATE! HE AND HIS FAMILY THOUGHT IT HAD ALL BEEN RESOLVED. HIS IS STILL IN JAIL. THE PULBIC DEFENDER ISNT MAKING ANY EFFORT TO HELP HIM, AND WONT MAKE A CALL TO THE JUDGE THAT ISSUED THE WARRENT. I WANT TO GET HIM OUT OF JAIL. THEY WANT TO MAKE A PLEA FOR 3 YEARS PROBATION AND LET HIM OUT SOON, BUT IF HE WANTS TO GO TO COURT HE HAS TO SIT IN JAIL UNTIL 01/2008. IS THAT OUR ONLY WAY TO GO!!! PLEASE HELP!
**A: since he is not an angel, I say he stays in jail.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Bravo. Now lets correct a few things -- ex wife did not suspend his license. That was the court/DMV. It would not have been suspended if he would have taken steps to pay child support/modify child support and did not just ignore the situation.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And God didn't spring him from the klink. I bet it took a few Benjamin Franklins to turn that trick.

MANDYLOVE

Thanks for all of your advice, we didnt know how to modify child support, she never pressed the issue because she knew he was injured and was trying to get workmans comp. when she saw that he was moving on she went to DFCS, they took him to court and never offered any advice on what to do. mind you this was after she had a lein on his claim. she is evil!:mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks for all of your advice, we didnt know how to modify child support, she never pressed the issue because she knew he was injured and was trying to get workmans comp. when she saw that he was moving on she went to DFCS, they took him to court and never offered any advice on what to do. mind you this was after she had a lein on his claim. she is evil!:mad:
She is not evil. She is raising HIS children with apparently NO help from him which makes him irresponsible. You are just upset because he has to pay the price for his own irresponsibility. Hanging with druggies, by the way, doesn't speak well for his character.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">