• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

froggigger101

What is the name of your state? Kansas
My son was on diversion for no tax stamp,mip,toc, then he got arrested 4 days ago for dui/possession of marijuana/paraphanalia. I'm not bonding him out until his 5 mandatory days for jail are up. What is going to happen now? The family is flat broke because of his fines, what would happen if I just left him in jail and not bond him out. Believe it or not he still has a great job, his boss wants him back. I was told he'll lose in license for a year. I'm physically ill over this and thought maybe I would just let him rot in jail. Any suggestions, I'm at the end of my rope, ready for the funny farm.

Ozark_Sophist

Personally, I wouldn't bond him out. If he has a great job, he should be able to arrange this for himself. This is a time to stand tough.

froggigger101

thanks....but....

I appreciate your response, you have told me what everyone else is telling me....stand tough on this one. But what happens if he messes up again? Will he ever see the light of day again? And his felony for the no tax stamp....this will be with him forever right? I was told he'll be charged with what was on his diversion as well as the new charges. Thanks again, greatly appreciated Ozark

FlyingRon

Yep, they may directly enter a conviction or retry him on the original conviction (depends what the nature of the diversion is). If he's over 18, the convictions will stick. He was given a very nice chance to duck having a felony on his record and unless the courts are very sympathetic, he's blown that now.

froggigger101

I bailed my son who is 20 out of jail today. Was wondering what is going to happen with the penalty of no tax stamp from his diversion that he was on when he got arrested again last week. I understand that he has lost the diversion but what will happen on the no tax stamp penalty? Fines...how much??? Jail time???? HELP!! Distressed mother needs good sound advise.

froggigger101

That's very hard for me to do...to leave him in jail. He's my only child, father died when he was 9, it's just been him and I. I just want to know what kind of fines we are dealing with, or jail time. I know he has done terribly wrong, he got a diversion then screwed it up badly and will have to pay his dues.....I just want to know what these dues might be. I'm not wealthy and just want to know so I can be prepared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">