• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbydigital339

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

On Wednesday last week, Cops came to my house, and told my mom they were looking for me. Told her I sold marijuana to an undercover cop. Also told her they could get 6-7 warrants for my arrest. They gave her their number and told her to tell me to call them, it would be in my best interest.

Any idea what would be happening? Any suggestions as what to say? Any advice would be great.

Thanks

FlyingRon

Fishing expedition most likely. Suggest you don't talk to the police. If they pick you up, remain quiet until you have a lawyer.

It seems to me that if you sold MJ to an undercover cop, they may just go ahead and get a warrant and come arrest you. If what they told you is true (you know if it is or not), then you might contact a lawyer before arrest if possible. Speaking to these cops would be the worst thing you could ever do.

bobbydigital339

I have talked to a lawyer and he told me to call them back and ask if I have warrant, and if I do tell them that I will turn myself in, if not then not to talk to them. He also said I cant hire him until I have been arrested, or maybe he said he cant come to the interview with me. He also said that they may not have enough evidence and that way they didnt arrest me. He said they could be wanting to talk to get evidence against me.

What really worries me, is about 3 weeks ago my town did a big drug sweep and also arrested a friend of mine for the same thing.

They told my mom the reason I wasnt arrested then was bc I had a clean recorded. I dont get that either bc I do not have a clean recorded.

Do you think they are just lying to me to try and get me to talk? I dont trust cops so I would never talk to them, they will lie to make you talk.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">