• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Helpmeplease726

Illinois. I got a 400 dollar police fine for possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana paraphernalia i was not arrested but the police officer gave me 2 fines. He said if i did not pay my fine i would appear in court march 8th. I do not have a job right now and i could not make the due date for the fine. It was due today. What should i expect in court march 8th? Will i go to jail or will they increase the fine? What do i tell them. This is my first time getting in trouble and going to court.

NOTE THAT THIS WAS A POLICE FINE, NOT A COURT ORDERD FINE. I HAVE NOT APPEARED IN COURT, THE OFFICER GAVE ME A PAPER WITH THE TWO FINES AND TELLING ME TO APPEAR IN COURT IF I DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN SINCE I DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT. ANY ADVICE.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

Illinois. I got a 400 dollar police fine for possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana paraphernalia i was not arrested but the police officer gave me 2 fines. He said if i did not pay my fine i would appear in court march 8th. I do not have a job right now and i could not make the due date for the fine. It was due today. What should i expect in court march 8th? Will i go to jail or will they increase the fine? What do i tell them. This is my first time getting in trouble and going to court.

NOTE THAT THIS WAS A POLICE FINE, NOT A COURT ORDERD FINE. I HAVE NOT APPEARED IN COURT, THE OFFICER GAVE ME A PAPER WITH THE TWO FINES AND TELLING ME TO APPEAR IN COURT IF I DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN SINCE I DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT. ANY ADVICE.
if you are going to criminal court for not paying the fines, I suggest you speak with a local attorney before making any plea deals or pleading guilty to anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">