• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with understanding a docket sheet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

A pa docket say that trial has been cancelled twice. What does that mean? It still say the case is active. I would upload a screen shot of it with info blocked out if someone could explain how to do that for me.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

A pa docket say that trial has been cancelled twice. What does that mean? It still say the case is active. I would upload a screen shot of it with info blocked out if someone could explain how to do that for me.
There could be any number of reasons why the trial has been cancelled and/or rescheduled.

Who are you in relation to this matter?

I'm not the person being charged. But I do share a child with the person being charged. (the person and I are not together but we share custody). When it says cancelled does it mean it will be rescheduled for a later date? This is the second time on the docket that it says cancelled.

sandyclaus

I'm not the person being charged. But I do share a child with the person being charged. (the person and I are not together but we share custody). When it says cancelled does it mean it will be rescheduled for a later date? This is the second time on the docket that it says cancelled.
Again, there could be any number of reasons why the trial was cancelled. That could mean it may or may not be rescheduled. It could also mean that they came up with a plea agreement in order to prevent a trial, or the charges were dropped altogether.

Is there some reason why you don't just ask the defendant? Or maybe this is something their attorney can tell you?

Again, there could be any number of reasons why the trial was cancelled. That could mean it may or may not be rescheduled. It could also mean that they came up with a plea agreement in order to prevent a trial, or the charges were dropped altogether.

Is there some reason why you don't just ask the defendant? Or maybe this is something their attorney can tell you?
I didn't ask the defend because we are not on speaking terms, and most of what comes out their mouth is lies. Specifically in a custody mediation the charges were brought up and the response was that they were court ordered to do drug classes and that would be the end of it. Well it does not look that way to me when I look at the docket since this was almost a year ago and there are two trials that have been canceled since. I guess I am just wondering if the truth was told...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
For the record - you don't need to be so coy about your gender. This site is not biased towards mother or father. I'm glad to see a father standing up for his child(ren)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">