• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!!it wasnt' his!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whitakera

we live in georgia. my husband was giving someone a ride home in his work van when he was pulled over for a broken tail light. he also couldn't find his proof of insurance(we have insurance). the officer asked him to step out of the vehicle, which he did. then, the officer searched his vehicle and found meth stuffed into a shoe. he had no idea of what it was, and it certainly wasn't his. my husband has employees who have access to his van(they even drive it at times) as well as the person he was taking home. we don't know for sure whose it was. it could have been almost anybodys! but my husband is charged with (not posession) but trafficking because of the amount. he has no prior drug record. we can't afford a lawyer. does he have a chance? and how should we proceed?

calatty

Of course he needs a lawyer. If he cannot afford one, Georgia has a legal aid office, website http://legalaid-ga.org/. The search of the truck may have been illegal. As to the meth not being his, he can raise that defense at trial, but it may not be successful - jurors know that drug users tend to keep track of their drugs and don't usually just forget large quantities of drugs in other people's cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">