• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with what I could get charged with

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MNkid2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota.

A friend (Ben) and I made a poor choice to deal drugs over winter break to get some extra cash. We kept everything in a backpack which we left in another persons car. This person got pulled over for not signaling a left turn and the cop smelled weed in his car (because he was smoking not because of the backpack which was in the trunk) and Ben and I we not wih him. He convinced the cop that the backpack was not his and now it needs to be claimed. I am wondering what we can be charged with. Neither of us have a criminal record and are both 18/19. We live in Minnesota.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota.

A friend (Ben) and I made a poor choice to deal drugs over winter break to get some extra cash. We kept everything in a backpack which we left in another persons car. This person got pulled over for not signaling a left turn and the cop smelled weed in his car (because he was smoking not because of the backpack which was in the trunk) and Ben and I we not wih him. He convinced the cop that the backpack was not his and now it needs to be claimed. I am wondering what we can be charged with. Neither of us have a criminal record and are both 18/19. We live in Minnesota.
Worst case scenario? Probably that you and/or Ben get charged with dealing drugs.

If the police discover the backpack belongs to you and come to talk to you, I recommend you say nothing to them except that you wish to speak to your lawyer. Then get a lawyer.

As a note, there are actually legal ways to earn money. I suggest that, come spring break if you need some extra cash, you find one of those legal ways and leave the whole "dealing drugs" bit to idiots who think having a criminal record would be fun.

B

Blutodidit

Worst case scenario? Probably that you and/or Ben get charged with dealing drugs.

If the police discover the backpack belongs to you and come to talk to you, I recommend you say nothing to them except that you wish to speak to your lawyer. Then get a lawyer.

As a note, there are actually legal ways to earn money. I suggest that, come spring break if you need some extra cash, you find one of those legal ways and leave the whole "dealing drugs" bit to idiots who think having a criminal record would be fun.
Ha, ha...well put, Mr. Quincy. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">