• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

helping a family member...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ntgino

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My father in law has recently gone through detox in New Jersey. After his treatment was through we decided to help him move from New Jersey to Oklahoma to be closer to us (us as in his daughter and myself). He needed to get away from all the people he knew and contacts he had...

Anyway, he moved from New Jersey to Oklahoma.

Our problem is that before he moved out here he was charged with possession of heroin, crack cocaine, a hypodermic needle and drug paraphernalia.

His case, due to its nature, is in superior court. The trail date has not been set yet (its pending). Is there anyway possible to take care of this issue in Oklahoma. I don't want him going back to New Jersey for any reason whatsoever.

Last edited:

ntgino

He was released pending a municipal court hearing. I am not sure if that means he was allowed to leave the state or not...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">