• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Got robbed, police found paraphenalia during investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bg4321toss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

So my house recently got robbed, I got hit in the head with a fireplace log poker, then got out of the house and ran barefoot for help, leaving me iwth a gash in my head and my bottom of my feet torn off. When csi was looking through the house, they ran across a ledger on top of my dresser with names and dollar amounts, and also a box of sandwich bags. The next day they came to talk to me after I got out of the hospital, I was still under the influence of heavy pain meds for my injuries. While there they told me they saw the paraphenalia, and didnt intend on prosecuting me for it, but wanted to know more. I told them that I had sold weed for a couple months when money was tight, but I didnt know who broke in to steal my things (no weed in house when the break in happened, just some spare cash I had legally).

They came back later that day with two other detectives, and hounded me for information on who i got it from, who i owed money, etc. They a sked for my old phone, which i for some reason (while still under influence of pain pills) agreed to give them. They have pictures of the ledger, and my old phone with plenty of txt msgs between me and people discussing weed and so on. its been 48 hours since they got that stuff, and they have not contacted me about anything yet. Do I need to get a lawyer and prepare to be prosecuted for this? and what kind of charge could I receive, and what penalties are we looking at for someone who has never been in trouble for anything?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

So my house recently got robbed, I got hit in the head with a fireplace log poker, then got out of the house and ran barefoot for help, leaving me iwth a gash in my head and my bottom of my feet torn off. When csi was looking through the house, they ran across a ledger on top of my dresser with names and dollar amounts, and also a box of sandwich bags. The next day they came to talk to me after I got out of the hospital, I was still under the influence of heavy pain meds for my injuries. While there they told me they saw the paraphenalia, and didnt intend on prosecuting me for it, but wanted to know more. I told them that I had sold weed for a couple months when money was tight, but I didnt know who broke in to steal my things (no weed in house when the break in happened, just some spare cash I had legally).

They came back later that day with two other detectives, and hounded me for information on who i got it from, who i owed money, etc. They a sked for my old phone, which i for some reason (while still under influence of pain pills) agreed to give them. They have pictures of the ledger, and my old phone with plenty of txt msgs between me and people discussing weed and so on. its been 48 hours since they got that stuff, and they have not contacted me about anything yet. Do I need to get a lawyer and prepare to be prosecuted for this? and what kind of charge could I receive, and what penalties are we looking at for someone who has never been in trouble for anything?
Hello Pandora, you just opened the box:eek:

Do NOT speak to anyone about this without an attorney present!!!! YOU will be needing one!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">