• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much time will they serve?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L_I_N_D_S_E_Y

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Two people I know were arrested with an ounce of dope, weed, pills, and scales. They are 17 and 18 years of age. How much time is it likely that they'll serve?

As terrible as it sounds, they got in trouble just a week ago, when the cops busted into my friends home. However, drugs did not come up in the court case because the warrant had nothing to do with searching for drugs. The 18 year old recieved only two obstruction charges from that night. Those are the only charges on his record since he's been considered an adult.

Last edited:

MrStoner

L_I_N_D_S_E_Y said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Two people I know were arrested with an ounce of dope, weed, pills, and scales. They are 17 and 18 years of age. How much time is it likely that they'll serve?
When you say dope, do you mean the weed or coke or heroin or something?

As terrible as it sounds, they got in trouble just a week ago, when the cops busted into my friends home. However, drugs did not come up in the court case because the warrant had nothing to do with searching for drugs. The 18 year old recieved only two obstruction charges from that night. Those are the only charges on his record since he's been considered an adult.
I would guess at least 3-5 years. You need to get an attorney to see if there is some way you can get that search thrown out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">