• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedinAR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Searcy Arkansas(white Co) and June of this year my live in boyfriend was set up by an informant over the phone to deliver 2 ounces of meth. Upon arrival the DEA and other city and state officials ran out of another apartment and arrested him as he knocked on the door. A transaction never took place but he did admit to the officers as to where in the pick up the drugs were hidden. They have recorded phone calls of the informant calling him to make the arrangements.When he went to his first court appearrance they informed him he was being charged with POSS of meth with intent to deliver 52.9 grams(?).He does not have a criminal record, this is his first offence EVER. I was shocked to hear he can get 40 years! He wants to plead out in hopes of getting 10 years so he can go to BOOT CAMP. What do you think?

cyjeff

They caught him with over 52 grams?

I don't know what the plea is... but he is definitely looking at some very long jail time...

worriedinAR

santa gave it to him for christmas....what does it matter and are you qualified to give me serious advise? If not don't waste my time please.

cyjeff

santa gave it to him for christmas....what does it matter and are you qualified to give me serious advise? If not don't waste my time please.
I don't remember the jolly old elf being considered a drug mule.

If you don't tell us the facts, we can't help you.

I will say that if they caught him dead to rights with over 50 grams of meth, his chances of boot camp are very slim.

As in, easier to get hit by lightning.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Searcy Arkansas(white Co) and June of this year my live in boyfriend was set up by an informant over the phone to deliver 2 ounces of meth. Upon arrival the DEA and other city and state officials ran out of another apartment and arrested him as he knocked on the door. A transaction never took place but he did admit to the officers as to where in the pick up the drugs were hidden. They have recorded phone calls of the informant calling him to make the arrangements.When he went to his first court appearrance they informed him he was being charged with POSS of meth with intent to deliver 52.9 grams(?).He does not have a criminal record, this is his first offence EVER. I was shocked to hear he can get 40 years! He wants to plead out in hopes of getting 10 years so he can go to BOOT CAMP. What do you think?
Assuming no weapons were involved, he will likely do 5 yrs or less in a federal camp. Allot will depend on the pre-sentencing report that the probation officer submits to the court. A good attorney will have at least some influence as to what is included in that report.

The DEA usually gets it right so fighting these charges will be challenging to say the least.

justalayman

Okay, I am not going to play with you.

Where did the 52.9 grams come from?
52.9 grams is 1.866 ounces so, 52.9 grams is a little less than 2 ounces.

Methamphetamine (Schedule II) 5 - 49 gms pure or 50 - 499 gms mixture

First Offense:

Not less than 5 yrs, and not more than 40 yrs. If death or serious injury, not less than 20 or more than life. Fine of not more than $2 million if an individual, $5 million if not an individual

50 gms or more pure or 500 gms or more mixture

First Offense:

Not less than 10 yrs, and not more than life. If death or serious injury, not less than 20 or more than life. Fine of not more than $4 million if an individual, $10 million if not an individual.

well, it looks like the penalty is not less than 10 years and up to a $4 MILLION dollar fine (damn that's steep)

btw: while you mentioned up to 40 years, if you will look, up top life in prison is an option for the courts.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

Looking over this fast, Meth is a huge problem in middle America, and needs to be stopped, so i am on board with the ten-twenty five sentence. And I don't doubt he will get the max max.

His best bet is to cut a plea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">