+ Reply to Thread
    aliciaGALVAN is offline Junior Member

Unhappy husband in ccc in susanville

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA... MY HUSBAND IS IN CCC IN SUSANVILLE CA ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT IS FOR A 4 YEAR 4 MONTH SENTENCE, THE TOLD HIM HE WILL BE GETTING HALF TIME 2 YEARS 2 MONTHS. HE WAS ARRESTED FOR DRUG CHARGES ON 01/15/11, AND THEN MOVE TO CCC IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE: IS THIER GOOD TIME, AND IF SO HOW MUCH TIME TAKEN OFF.ALSO WHEN WELL HE BE GETTING RELEASED. FIRST TIME IN A STATE PRISON.
    Last edited by aliciaGALVAN; 07-19-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    urkuh is offline Junior Member
    We honestly can't say how much time will be taken off....it al depends on them. Most prisons have the good behavior rule, due to over crowding, & if his record, doesn't have any violent crimes, or he doesn't break rules in there, then that's a possibility. If they say they are doing halftime, then theu might be, but things can always change in there... I've heard stories, where this is said, but they may stay a few months longer, but that's rare. Why are they given half sentence away? What were the charges? We don't know what the prison is like. This is more of a legal forum, but there are some great jail/prison forums outthere, some dedicated, to the lovedones on the outside.... Frankly, 4yrs isn't that bad at all, for drug charges,& since they are doing half time.... alot of drug charges, unfortuantely, can have maximum of 20yrs. On first offenses aswell.... they usually do probation, shorter terms, but the fact that its possible... ah. It kind of irks me, that murders& rapists can get out way to early, while a non-violent drug "offender" is stuck in jail, for decades. Gah. there needs to have a change somewhere... anywho, sorry bout my rant. Good luck though. It'll go by quick, & when he gets out, you two can just imagine how happy you'll be hehe.
    calatty is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't "depend." A drug charge in CA is not a serious or violent crime, so he is entitled to worktime and conduct credits, which is to say halftime credits, which means he should serve 2 years and 2 months. Deduct from that the amount of presentence credits he was awarded at sentencing, meaning the days he served from the date of his arrest to his date of sentencing, plus 50%.