• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband went to jail tonight...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinson1227

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Long story short my husband injured his shoulder and became very addicted to his pain medicines.. something I was not aware of. Well I get a call tonight finding out he's in jail. He attempted to forge a perscription for them. He is being charged with Forgery in the First Degree. This is his first offense. Does anyone know what type of sentencing he might get? He also wants to go to rehab... will that help at all? I could wait till tomorrow and probably find out but I am sitting here with two young children going nuts with questions. Thank you so much for your help!

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Long story short my husband injured his shoulder and became very addicted to his pain medicines.. something I was not aware of. Well I get a call tonight finding out he's in jail. He attempted to forge a perscription for them. He is being charged with Forgery in the First Degree. This is his first offense. Does anyone know what type of sentencing he might get? He also wants to go to rehab... will that help at all? I could wait till tomorrow and probably find out but I am sitting here with two young children going nuts with questions. Thank you so much for your help!
I am sorry, but we don't have these answers for you.

All you can do, is be in contact with his lawyer (absolute must) and be at his court dates to watch for yourself.

Good luck.

(ps rehab might help. depends on how bad he wants to stop using. Sounds like hes in really deep. )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">