• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am 17 and charged with possession of meth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarineTruth

I live in Georgia and back in August 2012, me and my buddy were arrested. I got a simple possession of meth charge and now I have court in a month. What are they going to sentence me with? This is the first time I've ever been in legal trouble.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Georgia and back in August 2012, me and my buddy were arrested. I got a simple possession of meth charge and now I have court in a month. What are they going to sentence me with? This is the first time I've ever been in legal trouble.
Don't count on being the marines or military ever. If you were sentenced as an adult you could find yourself facing mandatory jail time. As it is, you may spend some time in DYS (juvenile detention). Or you may be placed on intensive probation, need to drug test frequently, go through a drug and alcohol program, lose your driver's license and various other things.

swalsh411

Be glad you got this wakeup call at 17 and not 27 after you've been using for 10 years. This literally may save your life. I can understand some recreational drug use but meth? There is nothing recreational about meth. It ruins lives and cannot be enjoyed safely.

Son of Slam

... There is nothing recreational about meth. ...
That is like an oxymoron. You obviously know little about this drug. People who inject illicit drugs can minimize harm to both themselves and members of the community through proper injecting technique, using new needles and syringes each time, and proper disposal of all injecting equipment. As an aphrodisiac meth is 10000% less costly,1000000% more affective and less legally offensive than rhinoceros horn. Metaphors like "Speed Freek" and "Meth Monster" are passee. With a a little R&R at a hospital all is well again.

davew128

Well Dr. Darwin would say that if that individual suffered the predictable consequences of meth use, that it would be further validation of his theory.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">