• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was assaulted while having weed on me. It was stolen.. What exactly happens?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yuke14

I had an oz of weed on me. I was assaulted by a guy and his 2 friends watched. They stole the oz of weed and took off. I called the cops and being truthful (which maybe I shouldn't have been, but came out after a while.. bad idea) told the cops that they had asked me for weed. taken it from me and when I came near them. the one that stole the weed started hitting me. It was in a park. So basically they told me I was busted for selling weed. (Wow it was dumb to call them and admit I had weed) they found these 3 guys b/c I got their license plate # and description of the car.

So the cops searched my bag, it reeked of weed. They took me to the police office had me write out what happened. Put me in a cell for a couple hours. Then gave me my wallet and phone and held my backpack as evidence. They didn't give me anything else, other than a paper to find out about my police report. They have all my info though. What is going to happen?

*I live in Hawaii

cyjeff

For future reference, when you get beaten up for your weed, come up with another reason.

Oh, and I don't believe this for a second. They will beat the crap out of your for an ounce of weed but won't take your wallet or cell phone?

Yertle8

In the future, just tell the police they attacked you. Then when they are caught, let them be the dumb ones saying "No, that's not our weed. We took it from the guy we robbed. Ooops."

Alex23

Oh, and I don't believe this for a second. They will beat the crap out of your for an ounce of weed but won't take your wallet or cell phone?
Why not? They could have been caught/charged for stealing the wallet. They obviously wanted some free weed and didn't think you would be stupid enough to call the cops. Drug dealers get ripped off all the time, but they usually retaliate in other ways.

Antigone*

I had an oz of weed on me. I was assaulted by a guy and his 2 friends watched. They stole the oz of weed and took off. I called the cops and being truthful (which maybe I shouldn't have been, but came out after a while.. bad idea) told the cops that they had asked me for weed. taken it from me and when I came near them. the one that stole the weed started hitting me. It was in a park. So basically they told me I was busted for selling weed. (Wow it was dumb to call them and admit I had weed) they found these 3 guys b/c I got their license plate # and description of the car.

So the cops searched my bag, it reeked of weed. They took me to the police office had me write out what happened. Put me in a cell for a couple hours. Then gave me my wallet and phone and held my backpack as evidence. They didn't give me anything else, other than a paper to find out about my police report. They have all my info though. What is going to happen?

*I live in Hawaii
I can't believe the other experienced members didn't quote this. Oh my God, bra, you have to be one of the dumbest criminals alive.

Isis1

I can't believe the other experienced members didn't quote this. Oh my God, bra, you have to be one of the dumbest criminals alive.
i couldn't stop laughing. i couldn't even respond. i've HEARD of criminals like this....but it was always an urban legend. at least so i thought.

CdwJava

Try responding to calls like this.

"Wait, let me turn on my recorder ... the guys at the office aren't going to believe this ... okay, now, you say he stole your dope?"

Been there, done that ... and we can actually make an arrest out of it!

We recently got one guy for marijuana cultivation in his garage and backyard, and we also got the guy who stole the weed from guy #1's illegal grow for burglary! It was beautiful!

- Carl

Isis1

Try responding to calls like this.

"Wait, let me turn on my recorder ... the guys at the office aren't going to believe this ... okay, now, you say he stole your dope?"

Been there, done that ... and we can actually make an arrest out of it!

We recently got one guy for marijuana cultivation in his garage and backyard, and we also got the guy who stole the weed from guy #1's illegal grow for burglary! It was beautiful!

- Carl
oh that is GOOD!

yuke14

I am worried so I was thinking of going to the prosecutors office and ask if they are going to prosecute me.

dave33

Listen, from here on out keep your mouth shut!If you are charged the only evidence is your own statement.Obviously you have no idea how to handle the situation, so dont try.CONSULTATION.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">