• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was in the car with my friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ibkartoon

I was in the car with my friend and we got pulled over for having a broken tail light by and undercover. They probably ran his plates and saw he was from lynn so automatically thought he was a drug dealer. The undercover called backup immeadiatley and claimed he saw seeds and a roach on the floor. He then asked us both to step out of the car and found 2 1/2 oz. of marijauna in the glove box along with a scale and 2 eigths seperated in 2 bags under my seat. Nothing was mine and I claimed i knew nothing about any of this being in the car but they still arrested me with intent to distribute along with him. Can they do this? What is the worst that can happen to me? I am only 17!

I

ibkartoon

Even tho i honestly did not know about any of this being in the kids car? he's 21 and im 17.. i was just with him on our way to the gym and we got pulled over.

calatty

If your case goes to trial, that will be your defense, that you honestly didn't know, that it wasn't your car, that he was just giving you a ride. Depending on the facts, it may succeed. If you were charged as a juvenile, you won't go to prison at all, and if you were charged as an adult, at worst you would do a little jail time for a first offense. More than likely, you will be offered a plea bargain to some minor offense. Considering you are actually innocent, you might want to fight the charges and go to trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">