• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was caught trying to get a ritalin with a fake script-help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

damama

What is the name of your state? California

I obtained the RX pad (dupicate) from my son's peds office, it was left in the room where we were waiting.
I have had an RX for ritalin before for treatment resistant depression. Now my doctor switched to provival which makes me nervous and panicky.

I have had the ritalin filled at a couple chain pharmacies with no problem. I was doing well on it and functioning better.

Today I brought a prescription to a small mom and pop place. They stalled me, then the pharmarmist told me they that problems with the RX, that it was fake and that the police were involved.
I left after buying a couple of things, no police showed up. They didn't have my real name, number, anything.
What can I do? Can they find me?
I'm obviously not going to do that again but I have had not stop panic attacks, I'm terrified.
I have no criminal record at all

Should I worry?

rmet4nzkx

What is the name of your state? California

I obtained the RX pad (dupicate) from my son's peds office, it was left in the room where we were waiting.
I have had an RX for ritalin before for treatment resistant depression. Now my doctor switched to provival which makes me nervous and panicky.

I have had the ritalin filled at a couple chain pharmacies with no problem. I was doing well on it and functioning better.

Today I brought a prescription to a small mom and pop place. They stalled me, then the pharmarmist told me they that problems with the RX, that it was fake and that the police were involved.
I left after buying a couple of things, no police showed up. They didn't have my real name, number, anything.
What can I do? Can they find me?
I'm obviously not going to do that again but I have had not stop panic attacks, I'm terrified.
I have no criminal record at all

Should I worry?
Yes you should worry, because they have the script and those numbers on the script will lead them back to the doctor and eventually back to you.

Your doctor switched you from Retalin to a more effecient nonaddictive adjunctive Rx for depression, Provigil (Modafinil) your response is most likely to your withdrawl to Retalin. I suggest you seek help with your dependence on these Rx before the police catch you. Be honest with your prescribing doctor when asking for the referal.

damama

It wasn't my MD, I also didn't use a real name, number or address. It was a peds office that prescribes Ritalin a lot.

rmet4nzkx

It wasn't my MD, I also didn't use a real name, number or address. It was a peds office that prescribes Ritalin a lot.
I know, but they will catch you when they investigate at the peds office that is why you need to come clean with the doctor who prescribed the Provigil for you. Getting into a treatment program for Rx abuse will help you when it comes time to go to court.

lealea1005

Doesn't matter. Was the MD's DEA # on the prescription pad? There's also a chance that the Doctor immediately discovered the prescirption pad was missing and notified the area pharmacies not to fill scripts for narcotics without notifying his/her office. Also, most pharmacies have security cameras, so your picture may have been recorded when you were there.

It's not that hard to deduce which patients were seen in which exam rooms...it may take a little time and effort but they will eventually track you down. When they do, don't be surprised if they have copies of ALL the prescription you've filled within the time period the pad was discovered missing until the pharmacy called the police. Ritalin is a Class II narcotic which requires that specific records are kept about precriptions filled and stock kept at the pharmacies. It's very easy to track.

We no longer keep prescription pads in exam rooms for this very reason. Only need to get burned once by a narc seeker.

Also, don't be surprised when the Pediatrician exits you and your children as patients from his/her office.

gawm

When they do track you down. DO NOT make any statements to police whatsoever. Tell them you don't have anytime for questions and ask if you are free to go. If they do let you go I suggest you go straight to a criminal attorney's office right away. If they tell you you are not free to go, that means you are under arrest. In that case your only comment to them should be "I would like to speak with an attorney before answering any questions. DO NOT BELIEVE them when they then say if you are honest with us everything will be a lot better for you.ANSWER NO QUESTIONS and keep asking for an attorney.

tranquility

The only thing I'd add to Gwam's post is that you must answer any booking questions if you are arrested. But other than that, don't lie or say much except asking to speak with your attorney.

xylene

The only thing I'd add to Gwam's post is that you must answer any booking questions if you are arrested. But other than that, don't lie or say much except asking to speak with your attorney.
By must I assume you mean you hive have it much easier and your case will not be hurt.

Giving your name and DOB is one thing... some questions are quite another.

panzertanker

When they do track you down. DO NOT make any statements to police whatsoever. Tell them you don't have anytime for questions and ask if you are free to go. If they do let you go I suggest you go straight to a criminal attorney's office right away. If they tell you you are not free to go, that means you are under arrest. In that case your only comment to them should be "I would like to speak with an attorney before answering any questions. DO NOT BELIEVE them when they then say if you are honest with us everything will be a lot better for you.ANSWER NO QUESTIONS and keep asking for an attorney.
I think gawm's advice is sound, but you are better off visiting with a criminal defense attorney NOW.

I HIGHLY suggest you then check yourself into an in-patient treatment facility, immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">