• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i changed the date on an aderall rx. is my life over?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

I am sorry if anyone thinks I do not believe that ADHD medication is unnecessary. That is not what I intended to convey, nor would I. My opinion on the manner and need for certain medications is hardly relevant to the legal discussions here.

Certain actions are consistent with certain criminal behaviors and the OP's description of events falls into line with some of those behaviors. That is not to say that it IS the case, only that it is consistent with such criminal behavior.

Some people who are prescribed medications abuse them and even sell them. Some people do not communicate with their doctors and either outgrow or decide they no longer need their medications and then they become a valuable commodity - VERY valuable. It is a common problem today.

Not a week goes by that we do not have to deal with the issue of prescription medication abuse in some manner. It is a HUGE problem out here, and to the point where law enforcement is even stepping up the investigation of medical providers that are well known for being an easy touch or filling/re-filling prescriptions with little or no evaluation.

So, if anyone mistook my comments to somehow impugn the people who need to take these medications, I apologize for the misunderstanding as that was never my intent. But, we all must acknowledge that there are many who abuse the system and see prescription meds as a real and viable commodity to sell. A prescription that might cost a $10 co-pay could be worth up to $600 on the black market ... quite tempting to people who are not flush with cash.

HomeGuru

I am sorry if anyone thinks I do not believe that ADHD medication is unnecessary. That is not what I intended to convey, nor would I. My opinion on the manner and need for certain medications is hardly relevant to the legal discussions here.

Certain actions are consistent with certain criminal behaviors and the OP's description of events falls into line with some of those behaviors. That is not to say that it IS the case, only that it is consistent with such criminal behavior.

Some people who are prescribed medications abuse them and even sell them. Some people do not communicate with their doctors and either outgrow or decide they no longer need their medications and then they become a valuable commodity - VERY valuable. It is a common problem today.

Not a week goes by that we do not have to deal with the issue of prescription medication abuse in some manner. It is a HUGE problem out here, and to the point where law enforcement is even stepping up the investigation of medical providers that are well known for being an easy touch or filling/re-filling prescriptions with little or no evaluation.

So, if anyone mistook my comments to somehow impugn the people who need to take these medications, I apologize for the misunderstanding as that was never my intent. But, we all must acknowledge that there are many who abuse the system and see prescription meds as a real and viable commodity to sell. A prescription that might cost a $10 co-pay could be worth up to $600 on the black market ... quite tempting to people who are not flush with cash.
**A: good post.

xylene

Many is quite different than "very typical" in your post.

Many is a number, and yes that is true.

'Very typical' implies a percent, a substantial percent. In reality that percent is quite small, and while a large amount of drugs are diverted, the vast majority of controlled substances prescriptions are filled and used (or disposed of properly) by people who desperately need them and for many the process of getting a prescription was an exhaustive one.

Patients for whom the ever increasing difficulty of obtaining and living with is not aided by a false perception of imminent wrongdoing. I refuse accept that I must see my loved ones treated as a likely drug dealer because of the prohibitionist's 'diversion problem' that I don't actually care about.

For the record, this threads script changing issue, it doesn't matter if she was just in need of her own meds.

I hope the op has said nothing and has a lawyer.

I work in a doctors office. We have patients forget about their post dated prescriptions on a routine basis. This goes for pain medicine, antibiotics, ect because there are times when it is appropriate to post date. When this happens with a controlled substance, we usually ask that patient to schedule a follow up with the doc to see if they do still need the prescription. Or, we can go online and check to see if a patient is getting multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors for the same thing. Lastly, if you really forgot about it...all you need to do is call your doctor and most times they will just write a new prescription or call it in. NEVER NEVER NEVER alter your prescription...we have had someone arrested for this in the past.

CdwJava

"Prohibitionist?"

First, Xylene, you know nothing about my political philosophy on drugs.

Second, I don't make the laws with regards to prescriptions, sales, possession, use, etc. - I am only tasked with enforcing them. Because I choose to do my job legally, morally, and ethically it does not make me a "prohibitionist."

If the actions of a particular individual attract the attention of law enforcement because they are consistent with criminal behavior (or ARE criminal - as was the OP's) that is to be expected as that is what we are paid to do concerning a wide range of human behavior and activity. Law enforcement is expected to be suspicious and to investigate possible crimes. Most prescription medication offenses go unreported or unprosecuted because there is often little evidence to follow even when there are overdoses and deaths as a result.

If you wish to allow free access to medication, drugs, or anything else, the people to speak with are your state's legislators not the people who are tasked to enforce the law.

California and florida are full of "pharmacies" with in house doctors that just write prescriptions from sun up to sun down to patients that do not need them. I see patients at work every day that are clearly pill seekers. OP may be one, maybe not. But it is not wrong to first suspect that a person is or is not. In fact, if doc wants to keep his license, he had better assume the worst until the truth is found. You can not assume that every person is just telling the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">