• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know what's going to happen need help fast

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

And I know even less than you do about what is going to happen. ;)

Perhaps if you could add your state name and some details, the forum members can help you.

You can click on "reply to thread" to add your legal concern.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sendhelpplz

Sorry I did but I didn't work

I am 16. I live in Michigan. I was trying to get some weed from a guy at my school I texted him that I wanted to buy some we never said any exact amounts or prices, and I never actually bought any. I think he got busted and I might get in to trouble. I know solicitation is a crime but I don't know if I can be punished and if so to what extent. So Darry about my bad post. Any information would help so much thank you for your time.

quincy

I am 16. I live in Michigan. I was trying to get some weed from a guy at my school I texted him that I wanted to buy some we never said any exact amounts or prices, and I never actually bought any. I think he got busted and I might get in to trouble. I know solicitation is a crime but I don't know if I can be punished and if so to what extent. So Darry about my bad post. Any information would help so much thank you for your time.
You could get into trouble, yes.

But, if the guy at your school was arrested for selling marijuana to other students, he is the one that the police are most interested in. Your text exchange with the fellow could help a prosecutor support any criminal charge(s) that are filed against the guy but it seems unlikely that the text exchange alone will lead to your own arrest. Anything is possible, of course, and it depends on all facts - but it seems unlikely from what you have said here.

What is more likely is that, if the police search the guy's phone and finds your text exchange with him, the police will want to question you. It is generally advised that you exercise your right to remain silent when questioned by the police about an incident or offense that involves you, referring all questions to an attorney you have hired. If you have been arrested and charged with and/or convicted of a crime before, an attorney's assistance is more vital than if the marijuana texts to the seller would be a first-time involvement with the police.

You will probably want to speak to your parent(s) about this before your parents find out from the police about your text to purchase marijuana.

Following is a link to Michigan's state marijuana laws. Some cities (like Ann Arbor) issue a $25 ticket for a first offense possession of marijuana, so where you are located and what law enforcement agency is involved can make a difference. If charged under the state law, most first offenders will be offered diversion, which is a program that can keep a criminal record clean if terms of the program are met within a probationary period. There could also be problems that come from this with your school.

In other words, while this is not the crime of the century, you still need to take it seriously. Good luck.

Michigan state laws: http://norml.org/laws/item/michigan-penalties-2

Last edited:

quincy

Thank you very much for your time. This is my first offense and the texts are the only evedece of this.
I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point, Sendhelppplz.

If you are contacted by the police, that is the time you should worry. That is the time you will probably want an attorney to speak for you.

In the meantime, I would not discuss any of this with anyone outside of your parents. Do not talk to friends or classmates about your texts or about the fellow selling drugs. And do not buy, use or possess any marijuana as this can complicate your situation.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">