• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got charged for friend's mushrooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mushrooms

What is the name of your state? NC

The cops raided my house looking for my roommate (search warrant was in his name) and they searched my room. They found drugs in my roommate's room and also found my friend's mushrooms in my closet and charged me with it. So the cops charged me with two misdemeanors (marijuana and bongs in the "common" area) and a felony for the mushrooms (wasnt that much...about 5 or 6 grams). This is my first time offense (never been arrested, ever in my life). I NEED to get these charges dropped from my record because of my professional career (my job requires an in-depth background check). Im stressed out because I was helping a friend out by holding his mushrooms so his parents wont find it and because of the mushroom's felony charge, I will not be able to apply for any jobs (got fired because my company found out that I was charged with a felony). What can I do to get all my charges dropped? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

CdwJava

Mushrooms said:
The cops raided my house looking for my roommate (search warrant was in his name) and they searched my room. They found drugs in my roommate's room and also found my friend's mushrooms in my closet and charged me with it. So the cops charged me with two misdemeanors (marijuana and bongs in the "common" area) and a felony for the mushrooms (wasnt that much...about 5 or 6 grams). This is my first time offense (never been arrested, ever in my life). I NEED to get these charges dropped from my record because of my professional career (my job requires an in-depth background check). Im stressed out because I was helping a friend out by holding his mushrooms so his parents wont find it and because of the mushroom's felony charge, I will not be able to apply for any jobs (got fired because my company found out that I was charged with a felony). What can I do to get all my charges dropped? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Short of paying a humongous bribe to some very corrupt official somewhere, there is nothing that can be done affirmatively to get the charges "dropped". You have been charged with a felony - rightfully so. The crime was not "ownership" of mushrooms, but "possession" of the mushrooms ... and the paraphernalia. You knew about the drugs and you had access to them (and, I will guess, you have sampled them). That knowledge and access is what is called "possession".

Your best bet is to hire an attorney and ask about diversion. If NC offers a diversion program for first time drug offenders, you might be eligible. If so, then after a specific period of probation, counseling, re-hab, testing, and paid fines plus court fees, the charge could be dismissed. Consult an attorney to see what options are available in your area.

- Carl

Just Blue

Mushrooms said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Thanks.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Based on what you have admitted to in yur post...you are guilty...You WERE in possession of the drugs!

Shay-Pari'e

baystategirl said:
Based on what you have admitted to in yur post...you are guilty...You WERE in possession of the drugs!

Psst, Bay.

Because of this post, I am rather nervous. Would you mind taking the coke out of my closet? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">