• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I screwed up..bad.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stone528

I do not need smart asses, I need good advice.
I was arrested in Phoenix, AZ. For possession of a small amount of marijuana. I then opted for the TASC program to remove the felony from my record. However I had many other problems at the time mainly including the money to pay for it.
I simply stopped going in for the urine analysis and have made no contact since then. I found recently their is a FTA(failure to appear) warrant for my arrest.
I really want to get it taken care of but, at this point I am afraid of losing my job due to a long incarceration time. I don't have the money nor collateral for a bail bond. I know I should turn myself in but, what does this entail? Just how screwed am I and What can I do to prepare for it?
Thank you.

The Occultist

I do not need smart asses
Already starting things off friendly, I see. You need to be careful with that as some of the vets on this board take offense to such introductions and may end up refusing to help you at all. Seeing as this is a public forum on the internet, you have no say whatsoever in who responds, and in what way they choose to do so.

Anywho, Arizona is NOT friendly at all to people in your situation. TASC was AZ's attempt to be your friend, but you decided to not complete it, and as such the courts will likely not show any sympathy or leniency. Whether or not you can afford it, you need to go into this with a lawyer. A local attorney knows best what the courts want to hear, and as such present the highest potential for yielding the most favorable results. Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so you should take advantage and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Stone528

I don't mean to be an ass myself. Sorry if I came across that way, it's just I have tried another similar forum and got nothing but people telling me how stupid I am. I am quite aware of this.
I was actually directed here by a lawyer who claimed "Free consultation" only to tell me I have to hire him to get answers. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone it seems.
But you dude, 1,000 posts a year? Jesus I hope you get paid for this ****.
Thanks anyway.

CdwJava

There is not a whole lot you can do to prepare for this. You will need to go to court or continue to look over your shoulder for the police. One of these days they may show up at home, at work, or at a relative or friend's house to hook you up and take you in. The best thing you could probably do is consult an attorney and arrange your surrender. Have the bail money set aside so that you can be released as soon as possible if bail is allowed. if bail is NOT allowed, you can probably expect at least two business days in jail before you see a judge. Then, you can ask the judge about bail.

There is no way to ignore this and make it go away. All you can do is delay the inevitable. Expect to be inconvenienced. All you can do is arrange it on your own terms and work out a surrender and release deal if you can.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">